Chapter 17: Ugly face

I woke up with a pounding headache that made my head feel like it was throbbing. Probably because of my mum shouting at my dad about me through the night.

The morning sun shone threw the crack between my curtains, causing the light to blind me when my eyes opened. I cried out in pain as I attempted to sit up. The exercise I did yesterday was biting me back but not just in the bum but everywhere on my body.

I harshly breathed as I tried to prepare myself to sit up again. For a second time I tried to sit up and for a second time I miserably failed. My stomach was on fire and burned erratically. I closed my eyes to try and calm the burning sensation down.

"What's going on?" I heard my mum say from the entrance of my room.
"I-I did too much exercise yesterday and n-now my body is on fire."
She laughed at the door before saying, "Good for you."
Before closing the door just as abruptly as she opened it.

I knew she would still be angry at me. I put my focus back into getting out of bed and battled against the excruciating pain. I eventaully managed to get up and sighed in relief. I need to do more exercise.

I struggled to hobble over to the bathroom, to get into the bath and to change my clothes. It was difficult and I underestimated the pain. The worst part of all was that I had community service today and I wasn't looking forward to do more work.

I stared at my reflection in my full sized mirror and I looked dreadful. My black tracksuit bottoms were too big, my like green top was also big and to make it worst I had blue and yellow stripped socks. I was in so much agony that I chose the first things I saw, resulting in this outfit.

I'd eaten toast for breakfast with Elle pestering me about my choice of style and love life, if I had one. I just ignored her and finished faster but my movements to get up were slow.

"Why are you in pain?" Elle questioned with a mouthful of cearal.
"Becau-"
"Oh my gosh!" She interrupted, "Did you have sex?!"
"Who's had sex?" My mum growled as she walked in.
"N-no one." I stuttered.
"Noah has." Elle pointed a mocking finger at me.
"It's called exercise got try it." I grumbled trying to leave the room.

"Elle grow up there's nothing unusual about sex. It's natural. It's the best exercise you can get to be honest." My dad smiled pouring some water into a cup.
"No. No I'm not doing this today." I hobbled faster out of the room.
"Son, one day we will have this talk." My dad shouted as I walked up the stairs.
"Shut up!" My mum retorted to my dad.

~~~~~~~~~

We were stood in the foyer of the huge community centre about an hour away from my house. The same woman that was flirting with me at the gym was supposed to be our mentor. This was for sure going to make Cayden so angry. It showed blatantly on her face she had a mix of disgust and anger.

Since, there was seven of us Mya said she would split us into a group of 4 and 3. I knew for a fact I wouldn't be placed with Cayden because of Mya and for some reason I felt hurt. Or maybe it was because I tried to stretch and my body is still sore.

"Okay so the group of 3 will be Noah, Leo and Cayden." Mya smiled.

I was more than baffled when she said me and Cayden's name in the same sentence. I knew she had some an ulterior motvie behind this.

"That means that Taylor, Cole, Jacob and Riley will be the group of 4." Mya smiled again.
"Nah, you don't say." I heard Cayden mutter causing Cole to sniggered.
"I will not allow disrespectul behaviour and it will be recorded along with other things." Mya pulled a fake smile, "I felt bad for the group of three so I will try help when I can."

I knew she was up to some thing but I didn't exactly know what. Her smile had hidden messages that I couldn't decipher. She glanced at me and I felt a chill slither down my spine. Today her amount of makeup had lowered and was looking better but I could still she had a significant amount.