Chapter 18: Swimming

Taylor's POV

It was only me and Jacob left and I didn't mind at all. Any extra time with him I would enjoy. We got really close, as in more than friends, after he asked me out on a friends level. We hadn't clarified anything between us so I was still unsure what we were going to do.

We had times when we would exchange looks at each other and no one would notice. My heart jumped when he'd smile at me and I didn't know how long I could wait until I told him how I felt.

"What's going through your head?" Jacob questioned.
"Nothing." I replied quickly. Too quickly.
"I know that look. Your thinking about something important. What is it?" He grilled. My palms began to get sweaty and he crawled towards me.

"It's nothing."
He was now sat 30 cm away from me and I could feel my face burning up, "What are you doing?"
"Come on, you can tell me. You shouldn't have to hide it if your going red."
I took a deep breath before replying, "I can't say it may ruin our friendship.."
Jacob touched my face to get my attention, "Nothing could ruin our friendship."

He gave me his broad smile and my heart was erratic. His dark brown eyes stared into mine and his strong cologne coaxed me in closer. Before I knew it I was so close to his face and I could feel his heat radiating.

Without thinking I moved in and connected our lips together. I thought he wasn't going to kiss me back until he held my head and began moving his lips. I felt this weird tingling feeling in my stomach. Butterflies.

Our kiss was slow but indulged me completely from any other thoughts. I'd been kissed before but it never felt this way. The moment was ruined as he pulled his lips away and I frowned at the suddeness.

"Damn." He breathed.
"I'm sorry, I just had to. You looked so good I couldn't wait any longer. I've liked you for a while now. I'm not really sure when but I noticed it when we were in my bedroom alone and you touched my face-"
"Hey, calm down it's okay. I like you too. For a bit longer than that moment we shared." He calmly said.

It was silent, more of a thoughtful silence rather than an awkward one. I smiled at him reassuringly and he did the same sending my heart over the edge.

Cayden's POV

We had been sent emails to bring our swimsuits and I wasn't looking forward to today. I hadn't gone swimming since I was much younger, meaning I had no suitable swimsuit.

Why not just not just turn up without one, you may ask? Because she clearly wrote in bold that if we failed to bring one she would email the school. I'm not getting in more trouble. I'm on thin ice. Alternatively, I texted Taylor; I knew she must have more than one swimsuit.

Cayden: Hey T, could you please bring 2 swimsuits. Mines too small.

Taylor: Yeah sure

Cayden: And please don't get me a two piece, I hate those things.

Taylor: 😂😂😂

I grabbed my navy tracksuit this time and brought old shorts and a black tank top. They were just in case Taylor brought a two piece or something too revealing. 

I ran downstairs to eat and was surprised to see my dad making food. He'd been doing much better than before and the regular visits from the doctor had made his health improve. Plus, because he'd been recovering so well he didn't need to go rehab. To make things even better he had been showering daily!

"Morning Cayden." My dad smiled.
"Morning dad, how are you?" I asked genuinely concerned.
"Good, good. I'm doing much better and feel refreshed."
"That's great. Where's Caleb?"
"In his bedroom still sleeping do you mind waking him up?"
"Do I have to?"
"Either that or we talk about the boy who slept in your bed.."
"You know what, I feel like I need the exercise."