Chapter 20: I..um like your..nose

"Noah it's your friend." My mum called out to me.

I was still frozen on the couch at the sight of Cayden. She had the exact same clothes as me but she looked way better. She looked tired like me but the way her figure looked mesmerized me. Why did I never notice this so clearly before? Even with the bruise on her cheek she looked cute. I guess I was lucky my bruise wasn't visible because it was around the side of my head.

Her chest seemed to stick out even with her baggy top and I was just drooling over her. I was so entranced that Cayden had to loudly cough to get my attention. I shot my eyes back to hers and walked towards her. I was still admiring her and studying her face that I didn't realise her eyes weren't on mine.

Her gaze was lower, lower than my chest, lower than my stomach. She was actually staring at my d-

"Cayden, why are you here?" I asked her very flustered.
"I'm giving you a taste of your own medicine. For the time you popped up at my house. So hey... and sorry for coming with no notice Mrs King." She smiled.
"Oh no it's fine." My mum answered but gave me a glare before walking away.
"So this was your master plan, for us to be twinning?"
"No, I told you to wear that when we go back to school not today."
"My bad, I was so tired I must've heard the wrong thing."

I liked how we were matching it made us look like a couple. Not like we are... because we're not. I've already said this.
My dad came out from where ever he was and gave me a 'go-get-her' look. Before grinning and backing up slowly into where he was.

She relaxed with me until we left to go to the Community centre. We kept getting stares from the public but I didn't mind them thinking we were in a relationship. Even if we weren't I was enjoying the moment.

The community centre was quiet and there was no sign of anyone else. We just stood by the vending machine waiting for Cayden to choose what wanted. As I gazed out I saw Mya skipping in our direction. I didn't want to talk to her, she was trying so hard to impress me and it was not working. I wasn't interested.

I quickly thought of an idea to try and get Mya uninterested. I twirled Cayden to face me and hugged her.

"Do girls like it when guys do this?" I whispered in her ear whilst wrapping around her waist Mya saw what had happened. I felt Cayden twitch, "What are you doing?"
"Mya was coming." I whispered back.

Cayden gave me a look before nodding and let me keep her close. She wrapped her arms my neck softly. I got so comfortable that I didn't realize Mya was gone. Cayden felt so full and warm in my hands

"Sorry, I just had the idea."
"It's okay, I was just surprised. If you do that to Hayley, I'm sure she will like it. Especially if you get close to her neck."
"Why, do you like that?"

I didn't mean to question her into silence but I genuinely wanted to know. Her gaze had moved away from mine. She just stared with a mix of panic and worry.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but what is going on?" Riley asked looking confused.

I quickly realised my arms were around her waist and hers were roped around my neck. We were at close proximity to each other. We swiftly detached ourselves and tried to act normal.

"N-nothing." I stammered. Real smooth.
"Yeah right, both of you were on the verge of kissing." He teased.
"Mind your own business." Cayden deadpanned turning back to the vending machine.

She didn't say no... I was just thinking way too deeply in this. She knows I like Hayley and I know I like Cay-Hayley. I'm too tired.

"So when are you going to tell the others" Riley brightly smiled.
"Tell them what?" I asked trying to act confused.
"About your relationship." He said sitting down.
"We don't have one, only friendship." I replied, Cayden kept silent just eating her skittles.
"So do you just wrap your arms around every friend like that? Because if so we can't be friends.." Riley smirked.