Chapter 12: Step 3

"Why did you want me here?" I asked.

I was currently sitting in Cole's room on a Saturday morning after he woke me up from my sleep, coaxing me to leave my house at 9 am to come over for no apparent reason.

"Can I not ask for my best friend to come over on a weekend?" Cole said dramatically.
"No you can't when they haven't had enough sleep."
"You're just lazy."
"I'm glad you've noticed. "
"You know, you haven't been at my house in a while. What's been holding you?"

To be honest I think it was fair to say Noah was. I'd been helping him with his stuff and visa versa that I unintentionally forgot about my other friends.

"I've been busy I guess."
"Yeah right." He said sarcastically.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked sitting up from the bed.
"Busy is just a cover up for Noah. I know you and him are a thang."
"There is nothang going on between me and Noah. For the last time we are just friends. He's even going to be going out with Hayley soon. And I'm proud of him.."

Cole just raised an eyebrow and laughed. I know he thinks I'm lying but I'm not.... I know that I'm happy he's going to be with the demon. I mean I don't like her but that doesn't mean I'm not happy. Right?

I. Do. Not. Like. Noah.

My phone began to rang and guess who it was... Noah. I made sure I turned down the volume before answering so Cole couldn't hear that it was Noah.

"Hey, what do you want?"
"Are we still meeting up for the gym today?"

Oh shit I forgot that we had arranged to excersise this Saturday. By this point Cole was staring at me with an I know who your talking to face.

"Y-yeah"
"You forgot didn't you?"
"What no..." I laughed a bit to hid my uncertainty.
"Mhmm, I think we should meet at 3 at the gym. What do you think?"
"That's a good idea, I'll see you then."
"Bye."

I cut the phone and fell back onto the bed sighing heavily. I didnt want to excersise, it's not like I was fat but it was effort to work out. My weight wasn't that bad I had a bit of tummy fat, my arms didn't shake too much but my thighs were reasonably big.

"So you and Noah are going out?"
"Ew no." I propped my head up on my elbow, "We are going to the gym."
"Seriously, I couldn't imagine you in a gym. Why go now?"
"Noah needs to build some muscles to impress Hayley."
"If Hayley liked him she wouldn't care about whether he has muscles." Then coughed, "Like you."
"I heard that."

I mean it wasn't a lie, I did like him no matter what he looked like. From even before he got his braces removed I thought he was cute. But as friends.

"So lemme guess, your going to wear a tracksuit?" He asked, dragging me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"
"Your an idiot, you can't wear a tracksuit. You will get too hot and it won't allow your body to breathe. I should know I work a lot." He said flexing his arms muscles.

It was true he did work out a lot along with Jacob and Riley. Cole would make any normal girl drool with his unique eyes and charm. I was surprised he didn't have a girlfriend but then again he wasn't looking for anyone yet.

~~~~~~~~~

"How about this one?" I asked Cole. He videocalled me to advice me on my outfit choice.

I had pulled out my grey jogging bottoms and black shirt.

"No."

I pulled out my black tracksuit.

"No"

I pulled out my black basketball shorts and black tank top.

"Meh. How about your leggings and that sports top I gave you 2 years ago for your birthday.