Chapter 25: Attention

He left us in silence and pain; emotional and physical scarring. There was blood mostly everywhere on the floor and it smelt stuffy. We all had out heads hanging in exhaustion and sorrow. Still naked, I shivered as the cold air whipped my skin. The embarrassment of it all had blown over.

In the end he cut me and Jacob's fingers off regardless and to describe an unexplainable pain would be hard. My finger slowly dropped blood and was soon going to seize. Our fingers were scattered on the floor and made me sick to the stomach.

I also had a burning sensation on my lower stomach that Xavier gave us all. A branding iron scorching our skin. With the letter X. Leaving the room to smell like burnt meat.

On closer inspection I noticed my vagina was bleeding and was irritating me with a burning sensation. I had lost nearly all hope of us getting out, it felt like we were stuck in here for hours. At this point all I could do is pray over and over and over again. My faith was my driving force.

"I'm sorry guys." I whispered.
"No, I'm sorry." Noah murmured.
"Why you lot apologising it's my fault. I gave us those stupid places to hid." Cole gritted his teeth.
"No, it's actually my fault. I agreed with Hayley and her dumb plan." Noah said.
I spoke again, "No it's my fault, I always antagonised him."
"He would've done this anyway." Taylor sniffled.

"If it makes you feel better it's none of your faults really." A different voice came from the doorway.

We all moved our heads to the source and were dumbfounded to see Hayley prowl to the middle of the circle. I knew she was a damn witch. Behind her followed Xavier.

"Oh you must interested to know why I'm here." Hayley played with her hair, "I am Xavier's twin sister. I was used as a spy for him to keep an eye on you guys and when I found out you were planning to put my brother in prison, I had to step in. Thanks to Noah I had an easy access into your group and I gave you an idea that Noah, again, agreed on. After that I just made sure we looked out for you in the right places."

Noah's face was stuck in shock and guilt, all he could do was keep his head down.

"But I thought I'd relieve you ... or some of you of your guilt. Before death. I'd personally like to start with Cayden but sadly my brother has feelings for you. So it's Noah first, because when I think about it kissing you was one of my worst mistakes, it even passes being with Leo. Also, Xavier just hates you for taking Cayden from him. "

Humiliation covered his face and I felt so sorry for him. I was utterly confused. Xavier whipped out a knife and strided towards Noah.

"NO!" I shouted, none of my friends were dying today. If anything I would die before them.
"No? I think it's best if you keep your pretty little mouth shut."
"Kill me, not him or them."
"Very brave." Hayley scoffed.
"You had my amnesty but you throw it back in my face. Fuck you bitch. In fact let's have a little fight. 1 v 1. Loser is the one dead at the end."

I gulped heavy, death was becoming so real and thinking my life could end tonight made me afraid, "Let's do this."
"This can't happen!" Cole rejected.
"It's not up to you." Hayley spat.

Xavier unchained me from the seat and gave me a warning glare to divert the idea of my trying to run. I wasn't going to anyway. As I stood up the burning started over again in my vagina and stomach and I realised I didn't think what I was doing through. Xavier smirked.

"Problem princess?"
"Nope."

I knew this was going to be an unbalanced fight from the start. He had a knife, clothes, wasn't in pain or missing a finger. I noticed Riley had turned an ill pale colour as his head dangling backward and his breathing was laboured, I feared he was dying but knew he'd only passed out. He had hemophilia meaning his blood didn't clot and especially with how badly he was cut - he was suffering.