Chapter 9: Please go

Noah never came back to school for the rest of the day. I was slightly worried that Xavier could've gotten to him but I avoided thinking too deeply on it.

We walked into the headmaster's office to get our chores assigned. I moaned in annoyance because me and Taylor had already done cleaning. But obviously the headmaster blatantly ignored it. I was so angry but I zipped my mouth as I knew I'd get in more trouble.

"Taylor and Jacob the toilets, Riley and Cole the hallways and Cayden the sports hall."
"But I'm alone and that's a big hall." I scrunched my eyebrows.
"Was that a complaint?" He said relaxing in his wheely chair.
"Nope..."

~~~~~~~~~

After 1 and a half hours of putting the balls in the right cage, cleaning the floor and rearranging the closets, I was done. Unfortunately, for me, everyone else had left as they finished 30 minutes before. I strolled out of the school building regretting not bringing a coat. The wind was just as icy as yesterday and lashed my skin with no remorse. As I waited for the bus my phone vibrated violently in my pocket.

But it wasn't a number I recognised.

"Hello?" I questioned.
"Hi, it's Noah"
"How did you get my number?"
"Cole."
"Why wou-"
"That's not the point." He cut me off, "I need you to come over right now."
"What? But I'm tired and my bus is coming in 1 minute." I groaned.
"Please." He pleaded.
"Fine, it better be a good reason why I'm coming over." I cut the call.

Mumbling to myself I ignored the bus I was originally going to take and waiting 5 minutes for the next one. By the time I was outside Noah's house the time read 6:00 on my phone. His dad opened the door with surprise.

"Oh hello, I didn't know you were coming over. I love this, new interactions with the opposite sex."

I stood there awkawrdly not knowing how to reply. Eventually, he let me inside and I was directed to Noah's room. I knocked a few times before getting tired of waiting so I walked in. To my suprise he wasn't there. I assumed he went to the toilet or something. I sat on the edge of his bed whilst in the process of wishing I brought more tissues; my nose was running.

I stood up to get some tissue from the bathroom when the door opened in my face. I groaned in pain as I held my forehead.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Noah said rushing towards me.
"It's fine, I'm fine. Where have you been?"
"Um..the shower."

I stopped rubbing my head and opened my eyes to see Noah in his towel. I tensed. He stood there without his glasses rubbing his arm. He didn't have any abs but his stomach was flat and his hair stuck slightly to his forehead.

"Get clothes on, you fool. I don't want to see you naked." I turned around giving him time put on clothes.

When I turned back Noah wore a black hoodie and black sweatpants. He was rubbing his hair with his towel and sat on his bed. He looked cute frantically drying his hair. I sat on the bed beside him watching him curiously.

"You missed a spot." I said taking the towel and drying the side of his hair.
My eyes darted around his features again until his eyes met mine and I froze, "Sorry." I said letting go of the towel.

Noah carried on drying the edges of his head whilst I just watched. He glanced up at me and smiled. I felt a pain in my chest that felt like pins had implanted themselves into me. I was confused as hell as to why but I ignored it.

"Why are you smiling at me? Why am I here?" I questioned him.

He never replied he just covered his face with his towel. What is going on? Has he gone mute now or something?