Prologue

This is my first book so please show some love and if you find any mistakes just hightlight/comment them. Don't copy my story please but if you need help to write your own don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy

××××

Year 7. One of the biggest moments in your life. Little 11 year old me was slighty unprepared to start school to say the least. I, instead of sleeping in my warm comfortable bed like a normal child, was laying outside my front door in a rather uncomfortable position.

The reason of this you may ask; my dad. We had an argument on how I don't do anything around the house, so he locked me out..... for the whole night.

I'd been sitting outside trying to find a decent sleeping postion and I never found one. I was sent out in just my pyjamas and matching superman slippers; nothing like good parenting right? Luckily it wasn't cold last night or else I think I might of died....hmm, that's a strange thought.

By the time it was morning, I stared aimlessly at the cars moving pass every once and a while and the people that walked pass sometimes, they must've thought I was crazy.
I was abruptly disturbed out of my train of thought by my dad opening the door causing me to nearly scream

"Your still alive?"
Oh what a nice thing to say. Note the sarcasm.
"Yes dad, I am still alive."
"Come in, school starts in an hour."

With that he walked away, leaving me to scoff. Clicking my back and other stiff joints, I got up and headed inside. I had glanced at the clock only just noticing that I, in fact, had 30 minutes left to get to school and it would take exactly 30 minutes to get to school by bus.

Great, late for the first day of school and on top of that I looked like I'd been hit by a bus. Who says first impressions matter? I arrived at school looking like a drowned rat. Sweat dripped down my face because I ran, to hopefully not be late, but that was an absolute waste of energy; I was still late.

My hair was a mess as I didn't have time to comb it and just roughly pulled it back into a bun. My clothes didn't coordinate with each other and was mix matched between the flash jumper, green leggings and purple crocs. Yes I said crocs. I thought they were cool.

The faces of everyone was probably what your face looked like right now. Shock, horror, disgust, amusement, confusion and I think one student even cried... I looked that bad.

The embarresmment settled in and I couldn't move from in front of the class, all their beady eyes staring at me or looking at each other with laughing faces. I hated them all. Everyone except one little boy who looked so out of place in the class. He wore big glasses too large for his face causing him to countiusly push them up and had clear braces making his teeth look like they were protruding outwards more and yellow in coloure also had an ugly bowl cut that really looked terrible.

But how can I judge?

He wasn't looking at me though he was staring at the wall probably in dream land drowning out the loud noises coming out of my classmates' mouth.

Our teacher wasn't very good at her job. She "attempted" to quiet the class down but it sounded more like she couldn't care less and just wanted to carry on focusing on her reflection on her phone. I could no longer bare the pain of listening to the continuous rattle of mockery so I ran out being slowly blinded by tears.

I didn't know where I was going but as long as I wasn't near those evil people I would be fine. I'd managed to find a corridor that was deserted and echoed my quiet sobs, I leaned against the fire exit wanting to literally melt into the ground below and disappear forever. Maybe someone would step on where I disappeared and know that's where the girl, who looked like a musk rat, melted.

"Are you okay?"
I had quickly looked up to see that little boy, who never laughed, holding pack of tissues towards me.
I took the tissues thankfully and showed the best smile I could pull off, "Thank you.."
"It's fine my mum always tells me to take them with me, you never know when you might need them ."
"My dad says that once your stupid you'll always be stupid and then you turn ugly."
The boy laughed hysterically, "That's the funniest joke ever.."
Funny? What's funny? I was being serious. I guess he doesn't need to know that.
"I'm Cayden by the way."
"I'm Noah Alexandro Max Harley Xavier King."

From that day on we became best friends, he was my only friend and I was his only friend. We were so different yet we were so alike at the same time. I'd hang out at his house a lot but he'd never come to my house I wouldn't allow him to see my dad's true colours and chase away my only friend. We even made matching bracelets that we vowed never ever to take off, it was blue and grey to represent our friendship and favourite colours.

We believed we'd be together forever. However there is always a 'but' to stories like mine. God had other plans.

The last day of year 7 I found out Noah was moving away which meant he would have to change schools. I felt like a piece of me was being torn from my heart and I never wanted him leave.

I refused to let him go for so long his mum and dad and our teacher had to pry my hands off him. We never cried so much in our lives and when all the water had fully drained from our bodies, or so we thought, we would look at eachother and cry our hearts out again. For about an hour, this process continued. We were both broken.

"Please. Please Don't go."
"I don't want to go."

After that day I was never the same. I missed my other half, the part of me that couldn't ever be replaced. Maybe I changed for the better or maybe the worst but I knew for sure that what happened that day made me who I was right now.

Cayden Young

××××

Omdz its reached 200 reads I'm shocked, THANK YOUU XX
And please comment how you feel ✌🏾