Chapter 24: Torture

"Where the heck is it!!" I dug out my pockets like I was looking for gold. I had been searching for a good 2 minutes and my pockets were drier than my back account. My letter was missing and I was scaring me.

"How can I lose you already. It hasn't even been a day."

I was genuinely confused and I was praying it wasn't in the wrong hands.
I was supposed to meet the others at the park to begin the stake out but I was distracted by the missing note. My phone inconveniently rang interrupting my thorough search. Annoyed, I picked up the call from Taylor.

"Where you at, we're about to start?"
"Ermm I'm nearly there."
"How close?"
"How close? About 5-10 minutes away."
"Fine, hurry." She cut the call.

I heavily sighed giving up and grabbing some snacks to go. Unfortunately, I arrived at 7:45 and once again they weren't happy. I could only give a brief and apologetic smile while they shouted, groaned and cursed at me.

Cole split us up into groups and gave us these cute, small walkie talkies. Taylor and Riley (were in a house opposite to Xavier's house, which belonged to a friend), Cole and Jacob (were down the road from his house), me and Noah (were in the park).

None of us knew how long it would last but we were determined to finally give Xavier what he deserved.

When the others left, Noah and I went on the tall climbing frame, resembling a treehouse, to be able to see a far distance. Everything was silent until the walkie talkie crackled and Cole's voice could be heard, "We all in position?"
"Yup." I replied.
"Yeah." Jacob said.
"Good luck guys and remember we are just watching no interacting."

It wasn't too cold but I was glad I brought the coat noah 'lended' me. The silence consumed us as we waited for something to happen. I wanted to talk but I had nothing to say. I stole glances at Noah but none noticable enough for him to realise.

The night sky was beginning to appear hiding the orange hue with a purple. The calls of the birds slowly died down and the casual hum of cars passing by was the only noise heard. Noah rustled beside me trying to find a comfortable position in this wood hut in the sky. I decided to change position and sit down, but hit my head on the wall in the process.

"Ooo are you okay?" Noah asked moving a bit closer and cupping my head.
"Let me think... no." I moaned.
"Your such a pussy." He laughed rubbing the back of my head.
"I'm not." I frowned.
"You've said it yourself."
"When have I ever said that?"

He gave me a sigh and smiled, "Maybe if I said I'm a pussy when it comes to sharing feelings."
I gave him a confused look not knowing what he was talking about. He shook his head smiling and reached into his pocket, still reasonably close to me. Slowly, he took out a piece of paper.

"To Noah." He began and carried on reading till the last point, "C.Y."

I was stuck, dumbfounded for the whole time. Why did I write that damn letter. I thought he'd laugh or do something that would hurt my feelings but he just stared at me while a caring and sensitive look that got my heart going gooey.

"Got anything else to say to me?" I played with the coat.
"Yes."
"...and that is?"
"I like you too."

My heart stopped and I had this weird feeling tingle inside me. I had no words. I was out of my comfort zone feeling open abd exposed. I watched his eyes graze my face and the pain in my head was a thing of the past. I couldn't understand what was going on at that moment. It felt unreal.

"What about your girlfriend?"
"Ex-girlfriend you mean."
"Are you just saying thag because of the note?"
"Nope."
"But what about what the others will think."
"They'll be glad because they've wanted this longer than we have."
"But-"