The End has Come

In The Wake Of Mother

The time has come for this to end. As Mother lies in her sleep, defeated by those of light, she and her followers now sleep, biding their time for a chance to redeem themselves in the wake of their defeat.

Congratulations! October has finally come at a close and now, Carsden is left to face the consequences of Mother's unbearable malice. You created a Monster, a Monster you have made unique to yourself. You either gave in or fought back. You either survived or you died. But in the end, you have left behind a sterling legacy for future generations to look upon in remembrance and awe.

What more can I even say? Since August Whodunnit, I have never seen such a varied and such an amazing project done and fulfilled. Everyone did their part and I believe that in the process of writing our entries, we ended up forging stronger relationships with our fellows in the community.

It is simply incredible, to see everyone role-play, make friends, and most importantly, have fun! You have all reduced me to no words and now, I think I should leave the stage and relinquish the mic to my fellow judges.

In the words of Ash (no pun intended):

I emerged from my hellish abode for this month and it feels great to say that I wasn't disappointed. The October Community project has been a rollercoaster ride with crazy stops along the way. Ranging from being a Satanic Priest with an alter ego to a big reveal while being threatened with a knife. Many puddles have soaked me with tears as I read the entries.

It feels good to say that the entries were pure gold. I was astonished to see the great works that came out of this.

It has been a long journey. We all have made friends along the way and depart with beautiful memories. We also depart with many ships and potential fanfics. #Dramien4eva

We have grown as people in this journey. We faced our fears and maybe discovered some along the way too. The interactions gave me the chance to meet some fantastic people.

I hope we all continue to meet again and again

*Ash steps off the stage*

Certainly moving, was it not? Well, it is only right for us to end this announcement, with the closing remarks of our most dearest host and judge, 

Mother's House of Horrors had undergone a peculiar evolution.

It was a seedling in my thoughts since mid-August when we did the Whodunit, and I've been so excited to try it for October. What we've done, however, is a far cry from my initial idea, and I owe thanks to my team.

I think this has certainly been one of the most unique contests we've run and seen, and that is mostly due to the incredible input from the contestants and the new judges. It had its hitches – as expected – and these community projects are always a work in progress.

I think we've come a long way since our first community project – the Daring and the Dead – and we're probably going to go even farther in the future.

But for MHoH, we've proven something important: it is possible to write a collaborative narrative that spans over many viewpoints, that teaches many lessons and gives many insights, all over the same events.

The formula isn't perfect yet, that much is true. We face many barriers when it comes to writing these, but we're slowly overcoming them. Platforms, communication, concepts, clashes – these things happen, but with every problem, we learn a new valuable lesson, and do better next time.

And that is definitely due in no small measure to you, the entrants. I could unfortunately not be as involved as I wished to be these past few weeks, but from what I've seen in the beginning, it was an incredible community moment.

In the past couple of months, the community has grown exceptionally, and I think these projects are very important for developing a cohesion and supportive environment between entrants.

And, somehow, we've done that while we explored the inner demons, the monsters we became, and the ties we made and cut. Whatever its faults may have been, I'm very glad to officially announce MHoH a resounding success.