August Free Write 3

I can't believe I actually called the internet vanilla. I was proven so wrong. I have regrets.

Because I am a humble human creature who waddles around in the filth of the earth like all of you, I have decided to bless you with the opportunity to partake in creating prompts. You are so lucky. I really am very generous. I'm so benign.

For this free write, we're swapping stories. Adopting them. Giving them nice, loving homes.

This is for all those stories which you think are great ideas, but struggled with getting into physical words.

How this works:

You can adopt a story from any of these prompts or comments, but you are also encouraged to leave one behind. The law of the universe is equal trade. You can leave a story idea behind in the comments for others to see and adopt.

Here are some of mine that need loving homes:

- The Wailing Queen: Deep in the heart of the arctic, an expedition discovers the remnants of an isolated, humanoid civilisation that displays signs of incredible technological, theological and governmental advancement. There is no trace of them. During exploration into the ice caves, the expedition begins to hear the Ancient Queen weeping.

- Survival Cell: A young adult is arrested and imprisoned in a government facility where inmates display supernatural gifts. Their cellmate predicts a war is about to break loose, and when it does, They'll be trapped in the facility forever. They have to work with and against the other inmates in order to escape after the war comes.

- Not a _____ Story: Originally, this is 'Not a Zombie Story', but the idea is easy. You take a genre of books, and write a story in the exact same genre style, but your main Character and Companions behave like they're in a different story altogether. Mine was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse survival team who behaved like they were in a high school romcom.

- Leave your story ideas here!

- Link your stories here, so we can all read them!

If you don't like any of the ones you see here, it's okay! Feel free to leave a story and come back later to see if anything new has popped up.

If you'd like to see what we've been up to with the August Whodunit, there's a reading on list on my profile  with all the entries for this massive community project.

We'll probably get back to regular scheduled programming next week but, until then, have fun!