Contest #52

I've been having trouble with this week's contest, and of all the wonderous things I've planned  to do, none of them felt very satisfying. So, I've decided to keep it simple. This week, we're writing a story based on whatever this poem inspires in you:

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

We'll be trying to work towards the following criteria:

A single character. We want to know what journey they go on and how they view the world.

Vivid imagery. We want to see the world the character is in, and we want it to feel tangible.

Poetic language. This is another opportunity to explore what you can do with concise and powerful words.

A clear character arc. This story needs to accomplish something for the character.

Maximum of 1000 words. We're giving ourselves a constraint here, to really focus on working only the most important things into the narrative.

As an added challenge, incorporate one of the following ideas into your story as a theme, which should be a main component of the narrative:

Flowers. Keys. Travel. Water. Mountains. Windows/Mirrors/Reflections. Coffee/Tea. Music. Time. Feathers. Cameras. Sunrise and Sunset. Cigarettes.

That is it, for now. I look forward to your stories and I hope you like this contest!

TimberWoolf out!

Due Date is 7th July

VERY IMPORTANT: HOW TO ENTER A VALID ENTRY

In order to ensure that your submission for this week's chapter of Weekly Wattpad Contests is valid, please follow the steps below:

(1) Write your entry and make sure that it meet the guidelines or requirements for the contest.

(2) Publish it in a book under your Wattpad account. It can be a book dedicated to your entries, a chapter in one of your existing books or just a book with that single entry.

(3) Add "This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #52" before you write your entry. Make sure Contests is tagged and the contest #number is correct. Note that this does not have to be the title of your published chapter or work, simply just a text input before the introduction of your contest entry as an additional safety measure.

(4) Comment in the comment section of this chapter and state where your entry was published in your profile and the title of it book it is in.

(5) Share the love by voting, commenting and encouraging friends and fellow competitors!

What does the winner get?

Apart from the fact that as a writer you can brag about winning a freaking Weekly Wattpad Contest, the winner will also get a follow from as well as a shoutout in the next chapter, in addition to that, a detailed review as to why your entry was successful will also be published and if you have any works of your own, that will also be read and commented on.