Contest #55

The air hangs low while torches dance in the distance, dancing in the darkness. The gentle wind carries angry voices through the trees, rustling the leaves, making them seem almost alive in the night.

These are the witch-hunts.

Write a short, thematic piece about a witch hunt. Tensions run high, fear courses through their veins. "Burn the witch," they chant, as she runs. The night time is dangerous, and, one way or another, somebody is going die.

The story should be no more than 500 words, but other than that, there are no additional criteria. Go wild, children.

I'm getting tired of these uninteresting prompts. I remember back in the day when I used to be full of flare and backstory, going on and on about the origins of my inspirations and what exactly I wanted from the contest, what skills we were practising and so forth. I really should step up my game again.

So, I'll try to do that for you guys. At the moment, I'm considering another community project (I don't even think it's been that long since the last, but it feels like forever). With that, I'd like to ask you for inspiration. If you have any wonderful ideas or suggestions for things you'd like to see, let me know by inline commenting here.

Alternatively, I might want to do another 'Build your own prompt' kind of contest like we did long ago. Those were actually really fun too. Should we do that next week?

Wow, I really need to get my act together.

But that's a problem for Next-Week-TimberWoolf. Right now, I'm going to go invite another guest judge. Wish me luck! Bye!

Due Date is 28th July

VERY IMPORTANT: HOW TO ENTER A VALID ENTRY

In order to ensure that your submission for this week's chapter of Weekly Wattpad Contests is valid, please follow the steps below:

(1) Write your entry and make sure that it meet the guidelines or requirements for the contest.

(2) Publish it in a book under your Wattpad account. It can be a book dedicated to your entries, a chapter in one of your existing books or just a book with that single entry.

(3) Add "This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #55" before you write your entry. Make sure Contests is tagged and the contest #number is correct. Note that this does not have to be the title of your published chapter or work, simply just a text input before the introduction of your contest entry as an additional safety measure.

(4) Comment in the comment section of this chapter and state where your entry was published in your profile and the title of it book it is in.

(5) Share the love by voting, commenting and encouraging friends and fellow competitors!

What does the winner get?

Apart from the fact that as a writer you can brag about winning a freaking Weekly Wattpad Contest, the winner will also get a follow from as well as a shoutout in the next chapter, in addition to that, a detailed review as to why your entry was successful will also be published and if you have any works of your own, that will also be read and commented on.