Contest 49 Results

Good morning to all of the post-apocalyptic world. This is your daily news from out in Haven, GPS Coordinates *static*.

What have we got for you today? Well, we've heard reports of a lot of activity in the Mines recently. Astrid_Krumholtz  reports in "Freaks and Geeks" that there most certainly in not a potential cure – absolutely not, she insists, no matter what any other might say. There most certainly is not a single shred of hope for humanity because we are still very, very unsure of what caused the infection. Most certainly it wasn't some sort of magical book.

While the report reads that our darling Freaks are very distraught at the news, they will uphold the sorrowful duty of eliminating the dead, one by one-hundred. They find it no enjoyable task, but they remain stoic and solemn in the face of protecting humanity. What an absolute shame.

In another report from DavidLikesBigRobots there seems to be an end in sight – oh, wait no, this just in: There is absolutely no end in sight. In what appears to be a trans-dimensional shift, spitting out a group of cosplayers, events leading up to the death of the plague-bringer – a 'dark-knight' – has revealed that there are, in fact, millions of these disease bearers across the globe. What a shame, honestly, but at least it's save here in Haven at GPS coordinates *static*. So, it seems hopeless. The plague is forever.

Speaking of trans-dimensional shifts, we hear from OnlyKnownAsCOfficial that there have been some strange events in the multi-verse. It is reported that ours is only one of the many earths wrought with the plague, and gives us hope that, at least in one of them, something good happens. You know where good things happen? Here at Haven, at GPS coordinates *static*.

At least, in a world filled with despair, we have a nice moment out by the lakes. We hear it straight from 11BlueSky who reports our first sighting of the Heroes. It's about time, if you ask us. We never needed a group of heroes more than we do now. Out by the lake, things are tense, emotions are wild, but we have hope that maybe together the villains and the heroes can conquer this world.

On the other side of the Nature-Urban fight, things are pretty weird out in the city where we hear a report from tkd_princess1 about a whole lot of things. Things are very tense, and getting out of hand very quickly, but enemies turned friends and the constant fight against the undead, some pretty special people with pretty special powers, and a promise for what is to come, this seems like we'd like to hear much much more.

In another part of the city, things got very dark, very quickly, and that's not just because the power is out. We have intrigue, mystery, plot, tension, betrayal and alliances, all from jkrhinestone who reports live. We're not too sure whether we want to hear these grim reports though, because they break our hearts. It seems the city is a dead-end for our favourite characters, because we hear similar reports from OliveST who confirms, that, yes, indeed, things are looking very dire. Our favourites are falling like flies, and the disease overtakes them all.

If you have a broken heart, then the only place to heal it is at Haven, with our all-new hot-spring and social club, only at GPS coordinates *static*.

That brings us to our new segment this week: WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE?

The votes are in, and while both parties lobbied very hard and arduously for their representation, DavidLikesBigRobots simply couldn't match the sheer fangirling of OnlyKnownAsCOfficial who won the favourite character award for Perth, Spider-dude. Maybe next week, @DavidLikesBigRobots and Sydney can do a little better.

Additionally, we have some rewards to dish out. The following certificates are printed and collectible from Haven, your-one-stop-happy-place at GPS coordinates *static*:

The 'NerdiestReference' goes out to @OnlyKnownAsCOfficial  for overloading my Hitchhiker's Guide Sensibilities.

The 'I Did Not See That Coming' is awarded to OliveST for MAKING PERTH JUMP FROM A BUiLDiNG AND I AM CRYING

The 'Promising Premise' goes to tkd_princeess1for expanding and continuing an already very interesting story. We wait on the edge of our seats for more.

The 'Comment Creep' award belongs to DavidLikesBigRobotsfor slowly crawling through the entries and really liking a lot of things.

The 'Sweetest Catchphrase' goes to Astrid_Krumholtz for Sydney's "This is so much Fun!" while killing them zombies.

The 'Most Heartwarming' belongs to 11BlueSkyfor the really cute and wonderful scene.

The 'Fast and Furious' is for jkrhinestonefor submitting the first entry and starting off the contest with a big powerful punch.

The 'Coolest Dude' award goes to for just being so generally awesome and not declaring any actual winners today.

And, that, ladies and gents, is our show for this morning. Remember, Haven is Safe. Seeya tomorrow at GPS coordinates *static*.