𝓓.𝓲.𝓽.𝓓 ▰Chapter 3▰

▰SALLY'S POV▰

I was a tough girl with a smirk and usually knuckle dusters; if I could find a pair. Kicking the shit out of any soldiers who got too big for their boots; a favourite pass time.

My fathers had a real tough army.

The problem?

The soldiers were loyal die-hards or fucking sickos. Of course, not all of them, but the mentality was kind of ridiculously skewed towards male strength. The army's ratio was 7/3. For every 7 males, there were 3 females.

I used to work there, but one day about a year ago; I was caught off guard.

Not only was I knocked unconscious when I was alone. I was raped while I was out. And to this day; I didn't know who did it. But I had my suspicions, so I was always finding soldiers off duty to scrap with in the shadows. I was always fighting to provoke any who might be my pathetic disgusting abuser.

Did I tell my fathers what happened? No fucking way. I didn't need anyone to help me solve my fucking problems. I would do it myself.

I always had a fake smile on. A signature scowl. I pretended, at most times, to be happy with being single and alone. I faked being happy most of the time, always knowing in the back of my head, always remembering that my family approved of A.R.M.Y getting 'killed'.

REIGN showed me an illusion a long time ago. They made it look like they incinerated my friends... four boyfriends... I didn't realise... from the dramatic way Kane did it... that I had been played. He played on my emotions and it worked.

Now my priorities are a little different.

Now that A.R.M.Y are alive... I'm a little... confused now.

Why didn't they reach out?

They were weapons of war. Powerful. Were they under lock and key? Frozen between use? Shut down? They ran on electricity, New World human boys who went under procedures to become cyborg army pets for REIGN... and Papa Kane, Dale's identical diabolical bastard cyborg twin.

I wanted to rip a machine gun through Kane's perfect fucking smile and erase him from this desolate Earth. I couldn't, of course. I was monitored. With this damn device on my wrist. I couldn't leave the city. I was tracked everywhere I went.

Yes. I stole shit from the army, but mum stole shit too. That was my excuse.

Right now, I've snuck my way into the Military Base of Ground Operations. Where K.R.SKY always landed when they visited. The base was a huge structure built into and below the desolate land beyond the city, to the east of FC, it was all either in a bunker, or covered above ground. The army had expanded to be a huge business for my family. I knew the grounds and property rather well.

I'm currently in a control room, which was empty, but housed the launch codes for missiles.

I knew the code for the door! Hmmm – I short circuited the door? Sooo... still the same thing, right?

I knew a silent alarm would give me away but apparently, there was an emergency not long ago and I don't know what it was, but it was good enough to distract Dale from following my movements.

At least for a little while.

I stand at the reflective window, which meant no one could look in. I stare through into the sparseness of the base, where special operations were gathered and trained. Where REIGN usually hung out if they came to visit. Just in front of this reflective window was a coveted weapons room, an 'open' room and a place to hang out, eat, drink...