𝓓.𝓲.𝓽.𝓓 ▰Chapter 1▰

NOTE; I highly highly advise you to read ANDROMEDA first, which is a complete and free, short erotic thriller with 9 chapters [it's a quick read and probably one of my best stories :) ]. It's basically Ariel meeting the Zenith Alphas [sexy time ;)] . It isn't completely necessary but it will help a lot with understanding her condition in this chapter.

◇◇◇◇

ARIEL'S POV

"You're always alone. Did you murder Viola in cold blood and never tell us? I saw her with you two days ago, but where is she now, Casey?" Sally leans her elbows on the table for six, her face a pretty mess, a constant state of chaos, always loving to feud like her father, Serge.

"Don't start asking your stupid questions again, you lil' shit," Casey watches Sal' with narrowed eyes, his fresh 'Shadow Mayor' suit distinguished him as a proper title in Frankincense City. A Dark Prince. But a sweet brother, never the less.

Sally tilts up her chin and spins her Tracer Bracelet around her wrist, a device to track her movements so she didn't leave the city. She just got out of detention last week for stealing military toys again.

I loved Sally for her adventurous spirit and daring humour, she was a funny big sis, but she had a look in her eye that spelled trouble just like Serge, her bio-father.

"I just want to know why I never see you two together. Even though you're supposedly 'together'. Are you perpetually alone in public, Casey? It's not a good look for a Shadow Mayor," Sally kicks Casey's leg under the table and he shoves his boot up and over, into the side of her freshly served soup, causing the whole thing to splash out spectacularly before it drips to the sidewalk... and then the gutter.

"Oh, sorry," Casey drops his dirty napkin into the empty bowl for good measure and Sally sends over a loving kiss of blue lightning into his eyeball.

A flash and sizzle in the air, warms the conversation considerably. It also gets the public eye trained on our lil' family bust up. Passers-by watch the show as Casey gets buzzed and he's chair almost topples over after he's tried to dodge her petty attack.

Mum rushes over after coming outside to witness the commotion, and I watch her steady Casey's chair back down to the concrete, laying a protective hand through his blonde hairdo. Alyssa's metallic silver hair is perfectly swept back over one shoulder, her white indestructible leotard never an inch out of place.

"Sally, geez, don't go for the eyes, you might blind someone," Mum shakes her head but she looks worn out, and then she turns to me next, "Why are you still wearing that gas-mark, Ariel? You look really silly in that. It's too big for your face. This is a civil family meeting, not a war zone."

"Where are our fathers at, then?" I ask through the gas mask, the noise distorted but in a pleasant way. I like the dissonant sound. Sally slaps her palm down on the table and nods in agreement with me, before her eyes glare at the wasted soup. My sis flicks the spillage onto Casey's new suit, grinning her victory. Mum's fingers curl in Casey's hair, warning him not to start either. Sal' and Casey almost start brawling across the table, after death staring each other, until we're all drowned out by the roar surging down from above us.

It's a real blast.

We're all darkened by a shadow in the sky.

And we all look up.

K.R.SKY. is a military UFO; as Sally and I liked to joke. Except now it's blasting hot polluted waste over our little family meeting on 5th street FC, blowing the remaining soup out in all directions, to mist over all our outfits. A lovely mess.