𝓓.𝓲.𝓽.𝓓 ▰Chapter 37▰

▰ARIEL'S POV▰

I'm sitting at the bar of Oblivion, my brother's club. Wade has descended from the Club Mansion and he is coming right for me, his eyes burn holes through the back of my skull as he sets his focus on his prize. Yes. I miss him terribly, my blood and my heart ache for more attention... fuck, I hate being this in love. I feel my hairs stick on end in excitement and I feel his hot need to reunite, so I look away from him with my uncontrollable blush. The last time we talked alone was our successful downfall of the Blue House in Andromeda. Then my father did his research, and at least I knew they were welcomed... kind of. So at least they could live here in Frankincense City.

Sally sits next to me and A.R.M.Y sit next to her, minding their business while I twirl an olive around in a cocktail, careful that my nails don't break the glass.

I feel the heat of the Zenith's crowding in around my stool. I smile before I glance back to see Wade with his hand on my shoulder, Terrell's slipped a hand onto my knee, and Micha and Irving stand back impatiently, while they suspiciously take in A.R.M.Y.

"You survived my brother, very impressive," I tell all of them while I focus on Wade's intense stare.

"Let me buy you a drink," Wade says it so ferociously, I try not to laugh so I just keep it in with pursed lips.

"Boys," I hear Aaron bark and I quickly turn to see A.R.M.Y now silently focused on the Zenith as they turn in their stools.

"No drama tonight please!" Sally waves her hands in A.R.M.Y's faces while both squads of soldiers all stare each other down and size each other up.

"Now that I think about it, we still have unfulfilled orders to take them down, Sal'," Aaron forcefully shoves Sally down into her stool as he stands in front of her protectively, "Now. You can surrender sweetly or you can let us help in your removal from FC borders," Aaron smirks with his authoritarian speech, because he knows A.R.M.Y will win without even blinking. They're far too overpowered.

"The orders are withdrawn. They're welcome now, Daddy Dale said so," Sally has jumped onto her stool and places her hands across Aaron's buzzed head, petting him, "Calm down. Now sit down, Aaron! Please."

"Welcome – are you fucking with me?" Aaron rolls his eyes up to Sally, unsure.

Wade loses his fake glare and smiles spontaneously as he holds out a hand anyway to Aaron, "No harm intended. It's nice to meet you, Annie, it's Anna right? Anne? Anabelle? You look like an Anabelle, Aaron. I'm Wade. Zenith fucking Wade. My pleasure."

Oh, geez.

Sally and I share a knowing look, as all of A.R.M.Y stand up to back Aaron.

Aaron's gaze is calm, but I can tell he's calculating Wade's intention for blood as he's dominance is now tested.

Wade was always fucking drooling for a blood brawl.

"I think we have to escort the dogs off the premises," Aaron drawls to A.R.M.Y, then faces back to Wade, "I should have brought leashes, no doubt you bite with your teeth – your version of advanced combat and all, right, Wendy?"

"Wendy Zenith, get it right bitch," Wade is so trigger happy that Aaron took the bait – but before any punches can be thrown... there's a slight interruption.

All the lights blow out, in one huge drain – and all of A.R.M.Y fizzle and drop like dead weights. It all happens in a second, casting the Club in darkness – before a burst of light and energy show a blue headed bombshell standing in front of Wade, a fancy gun in her hand, a sparkling knife in another.