𝓓.𝓲.𝓽.𝓓 ▰Chapter 36▰

▰WADE'S POV▰

"Deal," I tilt my glass to Casey, Ariel's older brother, and we both take shots of vodka in his Club Mansion, "Tell me more about these fuckers you want me to kill."

"Aaron controls one of the most powerful bolts of lightning known to man – he's got a short temper but he's stupid," Casey holds my eye well and doesn't blink. His black irises are something else – his whole look is something else. I respect this man, who has offered me a bargain I can't refuse.

"So, Aaron is the concern," I murmur, while the rest of the Zenith sit around the table and let me head up negotiations.

"Nope, York is the concern – just by looking at you, he can make a person spontaneously combust. Explode. In as quick as under three seconds," Casey scowls, he seems pissed even explaining this.

"So, York goes out first, from a distance," I correct my plan, "The other two soldiers that make up this 'army'?"

"Maximillian can make you go crazy, he interferes with your brain waves. Renny is a wild card, I'm not sure what he can do but he's my younger uncle, Dale's brother, so he's probably a genius of some kind," Casey tries not to roll his eyes.

"So I kill these fuckers for this place? Your home?" I smirk again. Casey just looks at me with a neutral expression, and I catch onto another fact, "Ahhh. Smart man. You think we're all going to kill each other in the fight. They're that fucking great, huh? I've never had anyone match me in a fist fight," I look Casey up and down. He might just match me – if he had the mind to fight an Alpha.

"Wade," Casey takes a sip of his vodka, "Let's get one thing straight, two things straight actually – my sisters," Casey drops his glass onto the polished table and flicks it away to the centre, while he leans on his elbows and gazes at each one of us, "They deserve better than to serve. They're dangerous, all on their own. I will always be the only man they need, if they ever need one to step in to protect. They're precious to me, they're my family and I'll always have their backs. I grew up an orphan, I know the value of family. Blood is my weakness, I'll do anything to protect what's mine. I'll kill anyone."

"You think this city is yours?" I whisper, reading between the lines. Casey doesn't answer, but I add anyway, "What the hell can you do?" I want to know.

"How about you kiss your giant friend on the cheek, Wade, show Irving how much you care about him," Casey speaks very casually.

Irving barks low amused laughter – but I'm suddenly overcome.

I don't know why, but I'm moving.

Turning.

Reaching over.

Irving sees me about to make contact and he freaks out and tries to smash a fist through me – so I grab his skull and his shoulder as I lean in to kiss his cheek with force.

The moment it's done, I've pulled back.

Humiliation starts to creep in.

Irving is left speechless and teetering on his chair – while Terrel and Micha are hysterical with laughter.

I turn to Casey, while I wipe my lips with the back of my hand.

Casey is not smiling, there is no joke here, only reality and facts, "Get lost, and if you hurt one more FC citizen, even by accident – you'll shoot yourself in the foot with three bullets – shattering every bone," Casey makes that an order.

It burns into my brain. I feel it, as if it's insidious.

Micha and Terrel only stop laughing when they see me pale.