Chapter 28

Aelin laid on Asterin's lap and she played with her hair.

   "We needa talk," Asterin said and at once Aelin got up.

   "I'm not breaking up with you," she chuckled.

   "I know. What is it?"

   "Well my brother is leaving the day after tomorrow and I'm scared my parents will do something, " she stopped for a moment and then continued, "So my brother told me to come with him to Alaska-"

    "You should go," She said cutting her off.

    "You are coming along. I want you to come with me."

    "Asterin you know I can't afford that."

   "Alex said he'll pay."

    "That's really kind of him but I can't let you do that."

    "Please-"

    "No baby. Just listen to me. Go to Alaska. You need to see your family. You told me how much you missed them right? Then go see them. I'm gonna be here when you come back."

    "But I'll miss you!!!"

    "I'll miss you more but it's okay. I'm scared of you being at home without Alex. I'll feel a lot better if you are with him. He's a great supporter of us."

    "He is...I really wanted you to come. I wanted to show you to everyone in my town."

    "Maybe next time."

    Asterin was nervous about going to the party. She just wanted to sit at home and cuddle with Aiden or at least read a book. But she got ready anyways and put extra effort to look good since a lot of seniors would be there and she wanted to make a good impression.  She wore a pretty white dress that showed off her chest and some matching shoes.

  She wore a pretty white dress that showed off her chest and some matching shoes

   Her brother walked into the room and was in awe. His little sister was all grown up. She looked so matured with all that makeup and in those clothes. Her Maroon lipstick contrasted perfectly with her Auburn hair.