Chapter 1

All of a sudden the silence stopped. Asterin  could hear someone calling her. She turned around to find her father, Troy, calling out to her. "Asterin? Asterin!" Her face lit up hearing his voice after a very long time. "Dad, I can hear you!" Asterin screamed in joy.

   "No, you can't, honey."

   She frowned. I can't?But she could right?Asterin couldn't understand what was happening . It all felt too real. She could hear her dad and see him. Then why is he saying she can't hear him. Suddenly blank dots formed on her dad's face. "Dad, What's happening?" Soon her vision blurred and everything went dark and quiet again.

   She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She was in a unfamiliar place and her dad wasn't beside her. It was a dream again... She sighed and looked at the boxes by her bed. Although for a minute, Asterin seemed lost like Alice in Wonderland, she soon  realized she was in her new house. She had just moved in with her parents the day before to Miami all the way from Alaska. It had only be 12 hours since she got here.

   Asterin took a deep breath reminding herself her purpose to be here. This is were things get better. She got out of bed and got ready to start her first day in Miami. She wore her favorite white dress  with dasy stitch chiffon that Asterin considered as her dress that impressed the most.

   Troy had just woken up and walked out of his room yawning when he saw his daughter leaving her room all dressed up. He  called out to her, but Asterin didn't hear him. She happily pranced through the hallway. Troy caught up to her and they stopped in the living room. Asterin smiled at him and wished him good morning.

   "Where are you going  Trinny?" Her Dad asked while he signed the language, so she understood. Her mum, kate heard them and came out of the kitchen.

   "I'm going for a walk."

   "I don't think that's a good idea." Asterin carefully watched his lips move as he spoke. She sighed, knowing she might never hear his voice again.

   "Dad, I'll be fine. I'm just going for a walk down the road. Maybe I'll find a job too," She said out loud and clear, but she wasn't able to hear her own voice.

   "Job? You are not going to work, Asterin. You will stay home until university begins," her mum signed, now standing in front of her, clearly not okay with the idea of Asterin going to work on her own.

   "Mum, Please don't do this. You know I'm capable of looking after myself. I'm 19 years for God sake just please let me be normal for once," She whined. 

   Troy patted his wife and shook his head. "But what if she gets hurt?" Her mum signed looking frustrated. Troy looked at his daughter and saw tears in her eyes, but Asterin quickly blinked away, not wanting to cry in front of her Dad.

   It has been three years and Asterin is still to accept the where she is. The silence, she hated it. Asterin's life changed when she was sixteen after one major accident that disrupted her ear drums and took away someone dear to her. 

   "Let her go," her dad spoke without signing this time. "She will be fine. We can't keep her here forever."

   Kate wanted to sa something but then she saw the look on her daughter's face and nodded. "Fine but what about breakfast?"

   Asterin smiled. "I'm gonna have some outside. I'll be abck for lunch. I Love you!" She hugged them both and they let her go hoping for the best.

   The only thing that Asterin wanted was to be seen like a normal person. For who she was, not her disability. She hated the pity people had in their eyes when they hear her story. They lived a small town and everyone knew what had happened. As for her parents, they were always extra protective over her. But that all had to end in Alaska.