Chapter 24

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She held out the ring for him. He was taken back by her question. He absolutely never thought she'd be the one to ask after everything that happened.

    He felt many emotions and his eyes watered as he chuckled and shook his head hysterically.  "Yes yes yes. A million times yes," he replied.

    She slipped the ring onto his finger and he sucked the candy.

    "Hmmm, watermelon."

    When the car stopped by her house she said,  "C'mon in. You are staying the night."

    "Asterin I don't think your parents-"

    "Already asked my dad. They are fine. C'mon in."

    He nodded and she quickly paid the driver before he could. "Hey, I was paying," he said. She stuck her tongue out making him chuckle. He quickly grabbed the beanie that was hung to his jeans and put it on his head. "I don't want your parents seeing my blue hair.

    "But-"

     "I think it's best if Aelin has it. They probably think Aelin is gay so it will be perfect."

   Asterin nodded. 

    They both walked inside got greeted by her parents. 

    "Did you eat son? Would you like to have some lasagna?" Her mum asked.

   "No, thank you. I had my dinner."

   "Are you two ready for Uni tomorrow?"

    Asterin gasped, "That's tomorrow!!" She had totally forgotten about University.

    "Yes. Where are you going to study-"

    "Dad I already told you he is not going to-"

    "I'm going. Same University as Asterin. I'm majoring in arts."

   "Oh, that's lovely. You two should probably go to bed now. Would you like me to drop you two in the morning?"

    "Oh no. No. I'll leave early and go get my things."

    "Okay, you two go to bed. Good night. "

    They both said their goodnights and when to her room. She locked it and walked up to him.   

     "What made you change your mind? Phew, I'm glad you did."

     "Well, you and mostly Doris who kept bugging me to study. He said he'll pay the same if I go but will cut my pay if I don't. "

     "Haha great."

    "Aiden?" She called seeing the hesitation on his face.

    "I think I should leave?"

    "Why?!"

    "I don't have clothes for tomorrow."

    "You can wear my shirt or maybe my dad's?"

   "No. I wanna come as Aelin for the first few days and I wanna wear something more feminine."

   "Are you sure? Will you be okay?"

   "I guess. Well, I don't wanna attract people the first itself you know." Asterin nodded understanding what she meant.

   "Don't worry. I'll take care of you," she said and kissed his cheeks. "No biggie. You can wear my clothes. And I'll drive you and you can tell your mum to bring your book to Uni."