Chapter 2

Asterin went home and told her her parents about everything. They were pretty proud of her. Then She went into her room and tried Skype calling her brother, Alex moon.

   Alex was still living in there hometown, Ninilchik since he hadn't completed his degree yet. Asterin and Alex were even closer than Mary and her little lamb. Leaving him and coming to Miami was the hardest thing she has ever done but she knew very soon he would finish his studies and come to Miami to live with them.

   As soon as she saw her brother on screen she said, "I miss you so much."

   "I miss you even more," he signed. "How did your day go?"

   She told him all that had happened that day without missing a thing and just like her parents, Alex was also proud of her. He knew that his little sister was special. She wasn't just a deaf girl. She was a strong, determined girl who was capable of anything she put her mind to. Though she was deaf she could still have normal conversations with people to a certain extent. Asterin was that special star of the Moon family. Their morning star.

****

   A whole week past by and Asterin managed to play it cool without any issues. It was her sixth day at work and she was attending to all her customers as usual.

   "Thank you for stopping by," She said to literally every person that she served.

   Even if they were grumpy and old, she didn't mind flashing a smile. Every now and then when she had no one to attend she would just simply observe all the people in the shop. How they talked, how they dressed and even chuckled when kids troubled their parents. Asterin really liked it there and hoped she would continue being normal like this.

   She looked out of the glass window and from afar she could see an old man sitting all alone on the other side of the road. She had been watching him for the past week. He'd always sit there all alone, gloomy and blue. She felt sad for him and her kind heart wanted to help him. But she couldn't just leave her work and run out to help him. That would be irresponsible but she couldn't help feeling bad for him. Suddenly she was shaken up by someone. She was totally zoned out that she didnt realize a customer was standing in front of her.

   Ivan Moore (Son of Dalton Moore) on the other hand had noticed the unattended customer and found Asterin staring at something. He quickly walked up to her and attended to the customer before he shook Asterin slightly. She startled and looked at him.

   "Uhm that lady was calling out to you but you didn't seem to hear her."

   Asterin's eyes widened and she realized that her disability had finally let her down.

   "I uhm I -I'm sorry," she shuttered.

   "What were you looking at?" He asked and she told him all about the old man sitting across the street.

   "Is there something you would like to do for him?" He asked her while smiling.

   The first day when Asterin walked into the shop, Ivan noticed what she did and took a liking to her immediately. Then when he found out that she would be working with him, he was excited to get to know her. Over the past week Ivan has been very nice to Asterin and she found him very sweet and charming. He always made it his duty to have a little conversation with her everyday and made sure she was comfortable with her work and Miami. She thought it was very kind of him to do so.

   "I actually want to buy him some food but I have work," she said.

   "Well I'll give you ten minutes. Grab him something to eat, leave the change on the counter and go. Be back in ten minutes."