Chapter 12

Asterin walked inside to find her mum and dad watching TV. Immediately they paused it and looked at her with a huge smile.

      "How was the date?" Her dad signed. 

      She held back the tears and faked a smile.

       "It was beautiful. So many rich people were there gosh. But it was lovely. We danced and took many pictures."

        "Oh show us."

        "After Aiden sends it I'll show you. I have these few pictures though."

       She pulled up the pictures of them and showed it to her parents. Her parents took the phone in excitement and went through it.

      "He looks really cute honey," her mum signed.

       "Yeah. I wanna go change and call Alex. Ya'll go to bed. Good night."

         She took her phone back before hugging them both and going to her room. She locked the door and sat on the bed. Her eyes water as she took her laptop and skyped her brother.

       "Tell me everything now," he signed as soon as he picked up and she did. Without leaving a single detail. She told him all about the "date" that happened. 

       "I don't know what I was thinking, Alex. This is not like me. It was stupid of me. What will he think of me now?" She rambled as she cried softly.

       "Asterin calm down. He said to forget it so just do that."

       "But how can this happen? I leaned in to kiss him, Alex!! My heart raced and I felt butterflies.  How??!! Calumn killed everything in me then how is this possible??"

       "You can't keep living in the past, Asterin.  Your heart is beating for love again. Don't stop it baby. Set it free Asterin.  It's time you brought your guard down honey."

       "But he didn't kiss me, Alex. He doesn't like me I think."

       "You told me he said that he really likes you but he can't kiss you right now. Maybe he is scared just like you baby. Why don't you text him right now."

      Asterin nodded and took her phone.

      "What do I say?"

       "I know you said don't talk about it today but I feel like a fool for leaning in. I don't know what got into me. I'm sorry."

    She nodded and typed the exact same thing.

      "It's only been two weeks that I started texting him, Alex. How can this be anything more than friendship?"

       "That is the strength of love at first sight.  Cupid strikes at the very first meeting."

        "But I don't believe in that stuff. It's stupid. How can we fall with someone we don't know. "

        "You are living the life now honey. Sometimes we just look right through a person and our souls connect at the very first glance."

       "But I can't even hear his voice, Alex. I don't wanna get into love and feel that pain of not being able to hear him. What if he leaves me just like Calumn," she said and cried harder.

      Alex's heart ached seeing his sister cry.

    "Oh, how I wished I was there with you. I wanna hug you so badly. Please don't cry baby-"

     "Wait!" She said and quickly grabbed her teddy from under the bed. It was a really old teddy which her brother got her when she was Ten. She hugged it to her chest and he smiled.