Chapter 8

Asterin went through her closet trying to find some clothes to wear.

   She pulled out a set of comfy clothes which was nothing but an oversized plaid shirt over her tank top with a pair of jeans and shoes

   She pulled out a set of comfy clothes which was nothing but an oversized plaid shirt over her tank top with a pair of jeans and shoes. She laid them on the bed before she got into the bathroom and toom a shower. She dressed up all pretty and natural like always. She didn't wear any makeup. She just put some lip gloss and combed her hair and tied it into a bun before grabbing her handbag and walking outside.

   "Mum, Dad! I'm going out to get lunch. Can I buy you anything?" She yelled as she walked up to the door.

   "No honey. We got food."

   She nodded looking at her dad and she left. You might be wondering why she was going out for lunch when there was food at home. Well, that's how Asterin was. Sometimes she liked some alone time and her parents always respected her private space when she needed it. She loved hanging out with people but sometimes she liked to take herself to a nice dinner or go out alone. That's how she took care of herself. Asterin was someone who had great love and respect for herself as much as she had for everyone else. She was always grateful and happy.

   She went into this little diner around the corner and took her seat right at the back. She went through the menu and told the waitress what she wanted to have. While she was waiting, she took out her favourite book A walk to remember which she had brought along and started reading it. Maybe She learned "To stay grateful and happy" from Jamie Sullivan. Alex gifted Asterin this book on her 17th birthday. He knew Asterin would love it and that she would find hope in Jamie and She did. She loved Jamie Sullivan just like her brother intended.

   After a while, the food came and she slowly ate it. Since she was there early there was less crowd in there. She took in the whole atmosphere around her. There were some beautiful paintings on the wall; Flowers and lights set here and there; Soft music in the background; It was perfect and Asterin loved it. She enjoyed her meal and once she was done eating, she ordered a cup of coffee. She went into the restroom and washed her hand and came back to her seat. Her plate was already taken and a fresh cup of coffee was served on the table. She took the cup and smelled the strong smell of the coffee beans. The smell of books and coffee was her favourite smell. If only it rained, She wished. Coffee, A nice book and Rain was Asterin's definition of Relaxment. She smiled as she sipped on the cup and continued reading her book.

   Just when she closed the book and kept the cup down, she noticed someone wave at her through the glass window.

   There goes my privacy, She frowned.

   She looked up and saw Ivan walking into the diner. Her frown immediately turned upside down into a wide smile.

   "Can I sit down?" He asked.

   "Sure."

   He sat down and waved at her, "Hey!"

   She chuckled and waved back.