Chapter 11

When Aelin walked out of that door, Aiden went speechless. It was like heavens opened up and an angel walked out. He just stared at her as she walked towards him. Asterin, on the other hand, was breathless. Aiden was standing in her yard wearing a Tuxedo. His hair was straightened out rather than curled up. It fell beautifully across his forehead. Asterin was beyond thrilled. She didn't even give a second thought about the risks of her secret being out. She just wanted to spend time with him, her "friend".

     "Let's go!" He said and showed his hand but she folded both her arms and looked at him

     "How do I not know you aren't gonna kidnap me?" She joked.

      "Maybe I am gonna put this princess in a castle and lock her up," he replied with a smirk.

      She chuckled and held his hand. He pulled her along and took her to the uber waiting for them. He held out the door for her and she got inside as he followed behind. 

     "Um, can you please turn on the light. I like it bright," she told the driver.

     "Scared of the dark, I see," Aiden commented but she didn't hear him.

     Then she looked at him and smiled.

      "So where are you taking me?"

       "Suprise!"

       "Why can't you just tell me?"

      "Then it won't be a surprise."

       She chuckled.

      "Sorry I told you about this last minute but it's worth it. I promise."

      "It better be." They both chuckled again.

      She wanted to ask him if it's a date but she stopped herself. 

      It's only been two weeks. It can't be.

     I barely know him. He doesn't know me. So this is NOT a date. But why would he take me out suddenly?

    "How was work today?" He asked.

     "Tiresome. For you?"

     "Greasy and tiresome as always," he replied.

     Aiden was a Mechanic and worked all days trying to help his mum run the house and save up for college.

    "You look Hot," She said and immediately bit her tongue when she realised what she just said.

   They both blushed and Aiden ran his hand through his hair and said, "Thank you."

   "You look very beautiful too," he said making her blush more.

      "Thank you."

     Aiden loved the way Asterin looked at him. The way she had all her concentration on him and watched him keenly. Little did he know why.

     "Have you been inside any of  the tall buildings in Miami?" Aiden asked.

     "I have seen them. Hadn't gone inside."

    "Well let's consider that done."

     "What?"

     The uber stopped and Aiden paid the driver. He got down and gave her his hand as she got down. Her jaw dropped when she saw what stood in front of her. A tall skyscraper stood majestically as it sparkled with lights.

   "Wow," she breathed out.

   "Let's go," he said and pulled her along.

    She was speechless. She tried processing what was happening.  She found many rich high-class people walking towards the building. They were walking towards it too and she didn't know why but she didn't question it just then. She stared at the building and the surrounding.  The whole road was lit up because of the lights from the building. She looked ahead of them and saw two bouncers standing by the entrance of the building.  She watched as Aiden told them something and showed them a card. They both nodded and let them in. Her mouth went wide looking at all the chandeliers and how beautiful the interior designing was. All of a sudden she stopped realizing they were in some rich place which neither of them could afford passes for. Aiden turned and looked at her.