Chapter 4

Asterin walked up to an empty spot and turned around like a dog checking a spot.

   "Look! Our little pug found her spot," her parents chuckled.

   Her parents started to set everything while Asterin stood there with her hands on her hips.

   "Asterin can you help us?" Her mum asked.

   Right then she spotted a short mop of black curls approaching her. She ran into her arms and they clung on each other. They pulled away and she checked out the girl's bikini with kittens printed on it.

   "Cute cates," Astetin said and the girl smacked her shoulders.

   They both laughed together and the girl said, "Nice suit."

   Astetin turned around to find her parents looking at them. She looked at the girl and asked, "Psssst what's your name?"

   "The girl."

   Asterin couldn't believe what the girl's lips were saying. Did she read my mind? She thought.

   "Oh my Gosh! what happened?" The girl asked noticing how Asterin looked like she saw a ghost. She laughed uncontrollably as Asterin frowned.

   "I- Uhm -I didn't know," Asterin shuttered feeling awkward.

   Like who calls people that. It was like a half-cut sentence "The girl" Say it loud "The girl!"...Weird isn't it? Ugh! I'm such an idiot, She thought.

   "I watched a movie called The boy last night and the name is stuck in my head cause it's weird. C'mon try saying it THE BOY or THE GIRL. It's like a half-cut sentence," The girl said.

   Wow is she a mind reader? She wondered.

   Asterin chuckled slightly as she looked at the girl and felt like a fool.

   "Hey don't look at me like I'm the boy," The girl said and burst out laughing again.

   Asterin frowned not really getting what the girl was talking about.

   "You don't get it right? Wait," The girl said typing something on her phone before showing it to Asterin.

  Asterin saw a meme of a creepy-looking boy doll and Annabelle. The Male doll had the caption I'm The boy and Annabelle was captioned I'm The Girl.

   "That's the boy," She said air quoting the boy with her fingers.

   "Creeeeeeepy," Asterin said and nodded finally understanding the joke.

   "I agree. It's Aelin," the girl said but Asterin didn't pay attention as she was looking at her parents.

  "What?" She asked dumbfounded as she averted her attention back on Aelin.

   "My name is Aelin."

   "Oh and I'm Asterin."

   After that, Asterin introduced Aelin to her parents and they laid down on the blanket her parents had laid out for them.

   Asterin sat up and looked at all the little kids playing and she smiled to herself.

   "Do you like kids?" Aelin asked.

   Upon finding no response. Aelin nudged Asterin to draw her attention. Asterin turned her head and raised her eyebrow.

   "You seem so engrossed. Wow, you really like kids uh?" Aelin rubbed suncream on her hands while she spoke.