Chapter Four

Sadie

I woke up with Kent's arms wrapped around me, his shallow breathing floating against the back of my neck and his quiet snores barely audible but still there. I hadn't woken up with Kent next to me in a long time. It felt amazing. I glanced over at the digital clock on my nightstand and saw that it was 5:36 am. No wonder Kent was still here, he woke up at 5:45 every morning and was gone by 6:15, the time I usually got up to get Emery ready. 

"Babe, you should get up," I whispered while Kent groaned and pulled me closer to his body. 

"Don't wanna," He muttered back, tickling my neck with his breath. I giggled quietly and slowly rolled over so I was facing him. Kent's eyes were still closed and his face was peaceful, like he was still sleeping but I knew he was awake. 

"You have to," I whispered back, kissing his chin. His eyes remained closed while he shook his head twice then pulled me impossibly closer. 

"Let's run away, quit our jobs and live off the land," Now a tiny smirk crept onto Kent's lips but his eyes were still closed. 

"I'd go anywhere with you," I said finally leaning forward and planting a kiss on his lips. This seemed to wake him up immediately. Kent kissed me back for a moment then pulled away from me, his eyes staring into mine. 

"Good morning beautiful," He whispered kissing the tip of my nose.

"Good morning my love," Kent smiled and moaned while he stretched, pushing me away slightly but pulling me back as soon as he was done. "I don't want to go to work,"

"Call in sick," I said shrugging and moving onto my back. Kent threw one of his legs over mine and rested his head on my shoulder. 

"I can't. We're trying to close a deal with a big company right now. They're willing to donate a lot of money so I need to be there today," He explained to me, planting little kissed on my collar bone. 

"So you're gonna be home late tonight," I asked, already knowing the answer. His silence told me the truth and I sighed loudly, rolling onto my side to get out of bed. 

"Sadie don't be like that," He muttered sitting up in bad, the blankets pooling around his waist and putting his upper naked body on full display for me. 

"You're never home Kent! You have a family you know? Or did you forget?" I nearly yelled at him but I didn't want to wake Emery up.

"Seriously babe?" Kent yelled, throwing the blankets off of himself and standing up. "I'm working my ass off at work so I can provide for this family right now and this is what I get? You think I like being away from home so much? I don't even get the chance to ask my daughter how her day in kindergarten was, you think I enjoy that? I want to spend every single moment with my gorgeous wife and gorgeous daughter but right now I can't!"

I stood in front of Kent with my arms crossed and a frown on my face. I knew he didn't like being away from home this much but I still couldn't help but be upset. It felt like we weren't even a family anymore because he was constantly gone. 

"Whatever," I muttered looking away from him. Kent dug his hands through his hair and sighed, turning his back to me to walk to our bathroom. 

"Forget it then," He slammed the door to the bathroom shut and I turned towards my dresser to get my clothes out for the day. Had I pushed it too far? No. He needed to know how much I wanted him around didn't he? How else would I make that clear to him?

I got to the office 10 minutes late but luckily my boss wasn't out of his office to see me run in late. Jennifer was in her office with a patient when i walked past to the next room which was my office. i didn't have a client today until 11:30 so I had a couple of hours to spare. Perfect time for me to plan out Kent's birthday party next week on Saturday. It was his 30th birthday and I was planning on inviting his whole family and friends from high school, who we haven't seen in years. 

"What are you working on in here, busy bunny?" Jennifer asked walking into my office and sitting in my red comfy chairs across from where my desk sat. 

"I'm working on getting everything together for Kent's birthday next Saturday. I'm kind of bad at planning events though," I admitted with a small smile while I glanced up at Jennifer who looked amused. 

"Well I happen to be a pro event planner, lucky for you huh?" She said smiling and walking over to me, placing her hand on the back of my chair and looking at my computer screen. "You should definitely get a chocolate fountain, those are always a big hit at parties,"

"I don't want to go that fancy, plus I don't think our budget at the moment will allow that," I replied with a sigh. 

"What? You're a guidance counselor and you don't have money? Who would've guessed that?" Jennifer replied with sarcasm dripping from her words. I rolled my eyes but had a smirk on my lips at the same time. 

"Whatever you do, make sure you buy lingerie. He'll love you forever," Jennifer said sitting back down on my red chair and laughing. 

"I'm not worried about him not loving me, we've been through a lot together," I explained, keeping my eyes on my computer screen. 

"How long have you two been together?" 

"Eleven years now," 

"What?" Jennifer exclaimed. "But you're only like 28?" 

"I'm 29," I corrected her, turning my attention to her. "We got married when we were 19 years old, right after our first year of college actually. Those were some tough times," 

"Damn I bet," Jennifer said shaking her head and crossing her arms. "Well you should still get lingerie, he'll definitely come home from work more often," 

Jennifer winked at me and I tossed a crumpled up piece of paper at her while she dodged it, heading out the door. Kent and I's sex life wasn't dull though, at least I didn't think it was. Maybe I had been slacking a little bit . . . 

My phone buzzed on my desk and I grabbed it to unlock it and see who had texted me. It was from Kent. 

Thinking of you my beautiful wife. Can't wait to come home and see you. I love you!

I quickly texted him back telling him that I loved him too and to have a good day. Despite our fight this morning we were right back to normal a couple of hours later. 

I realized that I had a notification that I had another text but it wasn't from Kent. It was from Justin. He had sent me the text at 2:40 in the morning. 

But when I read the text I nearly fell out of my chair. Who was this guy anyway?

I hope you're having a nice night. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you;) - Justin.