Chapter Eight

Kent's POV

I circled the wine glass around on the table, watching the wine inside swish around and listening to the annoying sound of glass scraping against wood. 

"I just don't understand why she is giving you such a hard time," Janet said, breaking my thoughts and making me realize where I was again. 

I sat at my table in my office, the only light on was the lamp on my desk, and Janet sat in one of the chairs on the other side of my table. 

"This is all my fault," I muttered under my breath before taking a sip out of my glass. If I hadn't had lost my temper I'd be at home, cuddling with my wife and sleeping in a warm bed with my beautiful daughter fast asleep right down the hall. I wonder what Sadie was doing right now. . .

"Don't you dare say that, she's been riding your ass ever since you got this promotion. It's like she's not even proud of you," Janet snapped, taking a drink from her beer bottle. 

"Sadie is proud of me, I know she is. Things are just . . . complicated," I said, finishing my sentence with a whisper and staring out the window. The city was still alive, lights on and cars driving through the streets, even though it was nearly one o'clock already. 

"Marraige shouldn't be complicated or hard Kent, it should be fun, like going home to your best friend. Sadie is being completely unreasonable," She scowled before getting up from her seat and sitting on the corner of my desk. 

I didn't plan on Janet being here with me, I had come to my office to spend the night here only to find her still working. What she was working on at 10 at night was beyond me. 

"Stressing about this isn't going to help you at all Kent," Janet set her beer on the table and slowly walked around my desk so that she stood behind where I sat. "It's really not good for your health," 

The spine chilling sensation that ran through my body when she reached her hands out and placed them on my shoulder was enough to make my blood run cold. What did she think she was doing? This was ridiculous! I didn't come here to hook up with one of my co-workers, I came here to pass out and get some sort of sleep since I couldn't go back to my house. 

I quickly stood up, shedding her hands off of my shoulders and faced her. 

"What do you think you are doing Janet?" I asked, glaring down at her. 

"I'm just trying to get you to relax, you're so tense Kent," Janet took a step towards me and I took another two steps away from her. 

"I'm not doing this. I'm married and you know that, this isn't right and I won't do that to Sadie," By saying this something in Janet seemed to snap, her smile instantly fading and being replaced with a pout and puppy dog eyes. 

"I know you've been watching me Kent," She said, sounding seductive. "You can't deny that you want me in some way,"

Her eyes traveled down my body, to my feet, then up again, pausing to stare at my junk before slowly crawling up to make eye contact with me again. 

"I haven't been watching you Janet, you're imagining things," I said. I wanted to grab my keys off of my desk and leave, I'd rather sleep in my car than stay here with her, but by doing that I'd have to pass her and I had no idea what she would try if I did. 

"Oh please, you think I believe that for one second? I know what you want Kent," She said, smiling up at me now and taking a tiny step towards me again. "You want me. You want sex and I am so willing to give that to you,"

"Excuse me?" I swallowed hard. 

"It's quite obvious that your wife is not satisying your needs in the bedroom at home, so why wouldn't you take advantage of me at the office? I'm not looking for anything serious, I don't want to be your mistress or anything, I just want to fuck you," 

My eyes grew wide when she said that and before I knew it Janet was standing right in front of me. 

"You want me. I know you do. Besides, your wife doesn't even have to know, how would she know anyway? She's at home all the time taking care of your daughter and you stay here late as it is, so what's an extra 30 minutes at the office going to hurt really?" Her hand reached out and touched my chest.

My heart was beating faster than it had in months, not from excitement though. I was terrified. I had never come in contact with a girl who wanted to just have sex with me. I had never even thought about having an affair before and I definitely still wasn't thinking about it. Janet might be younger than Sadie and beautiful, but she was nothing compared to my wife, the love of my life. I wouldn't be tempted into cheating so easily, this girl wasn't worth one bit of the hurt and drama that would come after the fact. Breaking  up my family and crushing Sadie's heart was not on my schedule, ever. 

Taking the advantage of my thoughts elsewhere Janet suddenly reached up, grabbing the back of my head and curling her fingers into my hair, she pulled my head down and slammed our lips against each others. I was so surprised at her actions I opened my mouth to gasp and she slid her tongue inside. Not only were her lips cold, but they didn't feel right, her tongue in my mouth felt disgusting and I thought for a second that I was actually going to puke inside her mouth, which wouldn't have been a bad thing. 

I placed my hands on her small shoulders and brutally shoved her away from me. Janet tumbled backwards, tripping over one of my chairs and crashing hard into the floor, her head smacking the side of my desk. 

"What the fuck?" She screamed. 

"If you ever touch me again, I will have you fired immediately. Stay away from me and stay the fuck away from my family, you hear?" I grabbed my keys off of my table and quickly walked to my door. 

"You are so going to regret this Kent Agather, you just wait!" Janet yelled to me before I opened the door. 

I turned back to her and glared. "Why don't you just go open your legs for someone else in the office, like you haven't already," 

Janet's gasp was loud and echoed through the empty office. 

"You've been warned," I said, slamming the door behind me and nearly running out of the building. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I can't believe I had kissed another girl. I hadn't touched another girl since Sadie and I had been together and I never planned on it. I felt disgusting, I felt like I needed to take a 24 hour bath in Holy water from one of the churches in town. 

I jumped in my car and raced home, I know Sadie would have an earful to yell at me when I got there but I needed to see her. I needed my wife. 

The only problem now was. . . do I tell her? Or do I keep this a secret?

It was only a kiss after all.

=====

Sorry for taking so long to update and I'm sorry that this chapter isn't really long! 

What do you guys think Kent is going to do? Should he tell Sadie or should he just keep it a secret and hope to forget about it? And what do you guys think Janet is going to do? 

Comment and Vote please! Love you all!

-xxthecookie <3