Chapter Ten

Sadie's POV

We made plans for Emery to stay with my parents for the rest of the week and through the weekend. She was excited to spend time with her grandparents and my parents definitely were not complaining.

"I can't believe you," I spat out at Kent. "I'm disgusted, I can't even look at you right now,"

"Do you think I planned for that to happen Sadie? Honestly! You think I would do that?" Kent yelled back at me. Without a child in the house we were letting our voices grow as loud as we wanted, not even caring if the neighbors heard and called the cops.

"She's like five times smaller than you, you could've stopped her easily," I was fuming, finding anything and everything to yell at him about. I couldn't believe the story I had just heard. How was I supposed to believe that they had only kissed like Kent claimed? Now that I found out they had actually done stuff, the things that Janet was sputtering on about earlier seemed to make more sense and were easier to believe.

"Sadie please believe me! I would never do anything to ruin what we have!" Kent's eyes were red and rimmed with tears now.

"What do we have Kent? Tell me that! We haven't talked in weeks, we haven't been a married couple in weeks. We're pretty much only roommates right now, you don't help out around here or with our daughter!"

"Sadie please, I promise things are going to change, I promise you," Kent said placing his hands on the island in our kitchen, tears splattering down on the granite.

"I can't believe you," Was all that would come out of my mouth. We stood in silence for what seemed like forever but was actually only a minute and a half before Kent stood up straight. 

"What can I do to make it up to you Sadie?" All I could do was shake my head. "Please. Please let me make this up to you, I promise I will. For us. For our daughter, I will make things right again," 

I stared up at Kent, tears now rolling down my cheeks as well. What could he possibly do now? Even if his story was true, they still had kissed. That disgusting monster of a woman had her hands on my man and I was nowhere close to being able to forgive her and move on from this. 

"I want her gone," I finally whispered. 

"Already done, I'll call first thing in the morning," Kent replied, walking towards me. "Everything will go back to the way it was before,"

"That's where you're wrong. Things will never be the same again," 

"You're right," Kent reached out and grabbed my left hand, fingering the silver diamond ring that was around my finger. "Everything is going to be better than before, way better than before. You'll see,"

Wrapping his arms around me I allowed myself to relax and hug him back, knowing that there was nothing I could do to change the past but I sure as hell could figure something out to keep that bitch away from my family. 

I slowly pushed the cart down the aisle of the grocery store. About an hour after Kent and I had 'made up' from our blow up I realized that we barely had any food in our house. So to blow off some steam and get a little bit of alone time I volunteered to go to the grocery store alone. Part of me was scared to leave Kent alone at the house, but I knew I was being silly. Kent and I had been together for so long and even though this had put a major rift in our trust, I still knew that he wanted no one else but myself. 

I was staring at a can of mushroom soup when someone else suddenly ran into my cart. It startled me so much that I dropped the can to the floor. Luckily my short height didn't leave too much room for the drop and the can was left unharmed. I looked at the person who had ran into me, he looked oddly familiar to me. Like I had seen him a while ago. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm so freakin' clumsy," He said, smiling sheepishly and holding one hand to his chest. His mannerisms would lead me to believe that he was gay, or bi, but I hate judging someone before I even know them. 

"Don't worry about it, I was totally spacing out anyways," I said, turning back to replace the can. 

"You know, you look really familiar. Have we met before?" He asked, parking his cart in front of mine so that others could get by. 

"I was about to say the same thing to you," I said staring at the man. Where had I seen him before?

"Sadie? Is that your name?" 

"Yes it is. . ." 

"Oh my gosh! I knew it! Girl, it's Ryan!" He yelled, rushing around his car tot embrace me in a tight hug. Of course! Why hadn't I realized it sooner? As soon as his arms were around me I remember the familiar scent of Ryan, vanilla and citrus. The weirdest yet most lovely smell ever, I promise. 

"Ryan! I haven't seen you since graduation. How have you been? What are you doing here? It's so nice to see you?" I rushed out while we stopped hugging just to hug again seconds later. 

"So good. I've opened up my own fashion line and I just opened my first little boutique right down on 3rd, please stop by sometime it's so adorable!" He said playing with my hair. "Your hair has gotten so long. Are you and Kent still together? Oh my gosh there is so so so much to catch up on!" 

"I know there is! Yes Kent and I are still together. That's amazing, I definitely will stop by as soon as possible," I replied to his many questions. "Are you traveling? Just passing through?"

"Oh no dear, I just moved here actually. It's a very popular place to be, this Salem area," Ryan said, still playing with my hair. 

"Oh really? That's great to hear," I said while carefully pulling my hair from his hands. 

"Yeah it is, my husband and I just bought this totally adorable house down the street away, you guys should come by and have dinner soon!" He said hugging me tightly again. 

"That sounds amazing. I'm sure Kent would love it," 

Fifteen minutes later Ryan and I were checking out right behind each other and walking to our cars which just happened to be parked two spots from each other. 

"So dinner, Sunday at 6? Better be there," Ryan called before he opened his car door. 

"I will get in touch with you!" I yelled before also getting into my car. 

"Good! I'm sure Charlie is just dying to catch up with you two!"