Chapter Twelve- Pt.2

Kent's POV

The only thing I could hear was Sadie's pen tapping against the desk that was on the opposite side of the room from us. We had decided to write our list of things we loved about each other before we went to dinner since we were still a little stuffed from the airplane junk food. Sadie's back was facing me, her hair falling loosely down her back while she hunched over and appeared to be writing a ton of stuff down while I only had a blank piece of paper in front of me. 

There were a million things I could write, the many many reasons I had to be in love with Sadie, but for some reason I wasn't sure exactly how to put them into words. Sadie slapped the pen down on the table and stretched her arms up high over her head, one hand grasping the other wrist and continuing to stretch as high as she could. For some reason this triggered a memory from high school...

I watched Sadie stretch, her high ponytail swaying back and forth while she chatted with one of her teammates. All of us boys were sitting in the stands, excited and ready to watch the girls team crush the first game of the season, but I was only here to watch Sadie. She hadn't stopped talking about basketball since tryouts, she had been so nervous about if she was going to make the team or not but I knew she would make varsity without a doubt. Our late hours of shooting at night had definitely paid off well for Sadie. 

"Yeah Sadie! Whoooo! You go girl!" Squid screamed from beside me so loud my ears began ringing. The rest of us began cheering as well and Sadie turned to smile at us, a light pink glowing on her cheeks. We made eye contact and she blew me a kiss before turning back around. I caught it. I always caught her kisses. 

The game was about to begin and Jackie took her seat next to Squid with a hot dog and popcorn in her hands. "So are you two doing alright?" She asked, leaning over squid so that I could hear her. 

"Yeah, we made up already," I muttered back. It was no surprise that Sadie had told her best friend about the big fight we had last week, we didn't talk for two days afterwards but Sadie and I could never stay mad at each other. I honestly can't even remember why we were fighting in the first place. 

"You guys are getting kind of serious, huh?" Dyllan asked, nudging my side and smirking. It was no secret about my past and how I used to be with women, but Sadie was my saving grace. She had changed me for the best. 

"I'll tell you what, I'm going to marry Sadie Michaels one day," I said proudly and confidently. Even though Sadie and I had discussed the possibility of marriage we had never spent much time talking about it. I hadn't told anyone about my plan to propose to Sadie our graduation day, it had to be a complete surprise and although her parents weren't completely excited about the idea, I had already gotten their blessing. 

I glanced at my paper and realized that I had started writing down the memory, I knew that would put a smile on Sadie's face, she always loved to relive our past days. I felt like it was time for a break, dinner time, since Sadie was now spinning around in the desk chair, staring at the ceiling and sighing loudly. 

"Come on babe, let's head to dinner," Sadie glanced over at me and sent me a small smile. 

"Alright, let me just freshen up really quick," She said, jumping up from the chair and sprinting to the bathroom before I could respond. Even though our marriage was rocky right now, I was going to do everything I possibly could to save it. 

Sadie's POV:

The black lace stood out against my skin and it made me lose my breath. I couldn't say my body was like it was back in high school but the extra workouts I had been sneaking in were starting to work out. My breasts had grown as well, it didn't help that I had breastfed Emery for three months, but with the help of my push-up bra they looked pretty damn good. This was going to be my last attempt to save our marriage, after dinner I had a plan to seduce Kent and see if we still even have a passionate spark or not. The matching black lace panties helped me feel better about my butt as well. I slipped on the dark blue silk dress and carefully put on my diamond earrings. Bringing my hands down I stared at the beautiful ring that was on my left ring finger.