Chapter Twenty-Two

7/18 Monday, Daytime

Akira had just stepped off the train and meets up with Ryuji and Yusuke who are already there waiting but none of the girls were present.

"It's so hoooooooot" Ryuji having come in regular clothes and was feeling like he might die by the heat

"I feel like I'm being baked." Morgana who was in Akira's bag also felt the same way.

"Those girls are way too late," Ryuji complained 

"It must be taking time for them to put on the Yukata," Yusuke looks up and down at Ryuji and Akira and question their clothing.

"Why aren't you two wearing one?"

"I don't got clothes like yukata."

"I would have worn one if I knew where to shop for one," said Akira who looked at Yusuke and then his yukata.

"You look very nice in that."

"Man Yusuke... You look way too normal in that."

"People often say that to me."

A silence takes in the atmosphere and Ryuji decides to tell the others about a certain something.

"Ah, by the way... The exams..."

"I bet you got a big fat F on them."

"Shuddup! We-we don't know that yet!" Ryuji yelled at Morgana and two girls have stopped in front of Yusuke.

"Are you going to the fireworks festival?" question the girl in the pink yukata and Yusuke answered her

"That's right." and then the girl in the purple yukata got really happy

"Us too! Wanna go together?"

"Are we getting hit on!?" Ryuji said with a shocked face and Akira was quick to answer his friend

"No, Yusuke is getting hit on."

"C'mon, let's go together."

"Do you happen to be a model? You look great in that yukata."

"Waitin' around' a pain, so can we just go with these chicks?"

"No. We promised to wait for them. I'm not here to hit on girls."

"C'moon! We'll apologize to the others later!"

"That's enough," Yusuke said and both parties were surprised at his sudden comment. He then put his attention to the girls.

"You're disgracing your yukata. You should be more aware of your womanhood."

Both girls looked at each other and the girl in pink shakes her head and both walk away.

"How could you!?" Ryuji said almost sounding as if he's tearing up and an annoyed voice told him to go after the girls.

"Why don't you go after them then?"

Ann and Makoto were walking together and stop by the boys.

"So those are the type of girls you like, Ryuji."

"Uhhh....Well... That's..."

"You know, Yusuke's such a pretty boy, but he is really missing out because of what he says."

"I guess but he's more likable since he's true to his ideals. Definitely more than someone I know."

Both girls look at Ryuji and he turns his head away from seeing their glaring gaze.

"I heard that Ryuji's pretty much failed his exams."

"Oh?" Makoto now angry at Ryuji and Ryuji was about to cuss out on Morgana.