Chapter Twenty-Six

"Futaba Sakura...She had one of these 'palaces'? Hold on. While Medjed was targeting you, you chose to deal with someone completely unrelated to them?"

"We needed Futaba to take down Medjed for us as we couldn't take on Medjed ourselves."

"So, what you said about the Sakura family generally falls in line with our investigation. It appears you aren't feeding us a false testimony."

"Well, we did work together on both the phantom thieves and I only found out about Sakura's past because of the file in the police station."

"Very well. We've yet to determine how the Phantom Thieves dealt with Medjed, seeing as they are unseen. Then again, you just mentioned that you needed Futaba Sakura's help to defeat Medjed."

Prosecutor Arcana: Judge Rank 2

"Still, to think the Phantom Thieves would have their hideout in the home of Wakaba Isshiki's daughter. What a coincidence...No, perhaps it's fate. Regardless, we don't have time to waste. Continue with your story."

"Alright."

"Actually..."

"Uh yes?"

"Back when you were talking about taking down Madarame, you mentioned that your parents came to Japan to see your performance. Do they ever come up within going to Sakura's palace?"

"No. They come after. As I said, we took care of Futaba-chan palace's first and once we were done. We took some days to ourselves to have her get used to being around us, but..."

"But..."

"When they came to Japan, I thought they were going to kill me then and there. My performance resulted in them changing their minds. Or so I thought...I didn't go to my school trip to Hawaii because it overlapped with my performance in NY. My parents made a excuse to the school for me to be able to go and It all happened when I was still in New York getting ready to go back to Japan. That's when I was put inside their palace."

"You need to explain everything to me."

Eliza nodded slowly and went back to telling everything in short summaries but still having good detail.

7/25 Early Morning, Monday

Akira was walking towards the school gate and once he got inside his classroom, Ann greeted him and they just waited for the morning assembly to begin. Once they were called down to the school gymnasium, and it took quite a while for the assembly to end. Once it did, they got some Big Bang Burger on the go and brought it to Leblanc, while getting there they picked up Yusuke. They arrived towards Leblanc and ate awhile before doing anything.

"Man, that assembly had me bored to tears."

"Huh? Did you have school too, Yusuke?"

"I'm doing laundry, so these are the only clothes I had to wear."

"You really should buy a couple more outfits," Ann said with Eli agreeing,

"If you like Yusuke, we can go shopping whenever you're free."

"But I don't have money," he said very sadly and Eliza just put her phone down and shakes her head.

"Who said you were paying? I shall gladly be paying for those expenses."

Yusuke was shocked but also very grateful for how his friend was going out of her way to give him some clothes.

"Thank you. I truly appreciate it."

"Come now, we didn't gather here to make small talk, now did we? Let's get to Alibaba's case."

"Well, then... I'll start."