Chapter Thirty-One

8/24 Wednesday, Daytime

Ann and Ryuji just arrived at the café and Futaba run backs to Akira's room and the two blondes drop the snacks on the counter to give their hands some time to relax.

"Sorry we're late. We were out buying stuff and I got a little caught up in what to get." Ann smiles and Morgana was surprised by the amount of bags they brought with them.

"So many snacks! What exactly do you plan on doing!?"

"Well summer vacation's the time when you lounge around in your room all day."

"Yeah and eating snacks is the best part!"

"You're gonna get fat you know." Ryuji tells her and Ann looks at him with anger,

"Shut it!"

Ryuji notices that Futaba was nowhere to be seen,

"Hey, where's Futaba?"

"You have done well in coming here."

She comes down with her mask on again as yesterday, scaring both blondes while Akira looked slightly disappointed that she had put on the silly mask again.

"W-Whoa!" Ryuji yells out,

"Shit freaked me out...That you, Futaba?"

"Yup. Welcome."

"Why are you wearing that?"

"Habit."

"Anyway, bring it!"

"Uhhh...not sure I get it but alright. Let's do this!"

"Sheesh...Looks like today's going to be another noisy day..."

"So, the band will be behind you in the front center stage. Here, you will stand and sing to everyone. And all these seats will be filled! All the tickets we had in stock had been sold! All you gotta do now is just sing your heart out and delivered that good cash."

"She will. She hasn't disappointed us in any theatre we had signed her up for."

Eliza's father says as he puts one hand on her left shoulder. Eliza tries to not back away from her father as he speaks to the owner of the theatre and it wasn't any better that her mother was behind her.

"Her voice has been known far and wide and I can assure you, she will bring venue to your beautiful theatre. I'm so proud of her."

Proud that I'm giving you all rotten adults money that belongs to me. You may have sicken me to have a good enough voice, but I do not give no thanks to any of you.

"Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Univera, I need Eliza for her appointed outfit fitting."

"Take her then. We need to see Mr. Okumura again for some private business."

"Yes ma'm."

Helena ushers Eliza to follow her and her nervousness has faded for a while.

"Thank you, Helena...It's been harder and harder for me to really keep the act as I used to do back home."

"It seems like you really needed the fresh air. It's harder for you to keep the façade because you have been getting used to showing your true self to your friends. There's nothing wrong about that but I do agree it might be difficult to get back to it."

"I'm afraid so... I guess I just have to do the fitting and go straight home,"

Helena stops walking in the middle of an intersection of the hallway and pulls backs some papers in her black book.