Chapter Thirty-Eight

"I haven't been here awhile

"I haven't been here awhile... I'm not sure if anything has changed."

"The last time I investigated with everyone else, everything so far from the outside looks the same."

"Yeah... Morgana please stay by my side. Who knows what may happen in our time here."

"Why can't we go back? We don't need to face the danger with just the two of us."

Eliza checks her phone and looks at Mona with disappointment,

"I wish we could."

"Huh?"

"The Meta Nav is gone from my phone."

"WHAT!?"

She shows it to him and he started to look sad as well.

"I guess this means we have to do what we can to bring this palace down without the help of Akira and the others."

"This will be difficult. We would have to take my mother down first and then...him."

"Lady Eli- uhh I mean Ace. Now that we are in a palace, we gotta use codenames and we need to hide in the shadows until we can find you something to protect yourself with."

"So we hide in the darkness and find a place to get a weapon to defend myself with. Yes, that is the sort of objective that we will have to take. Mona, I don't know what exactly will happen, but... Promise me... if something happens to me, I want you to take my phone and find a way to get out of here."

"But Ace-"

"You have to find a way to get everyone here. It saddens me that I will probably ruin their Hawaii trip. No...I can't think about that. I have to think about our safety. Let us start Mona."

"R-right."

Eliza and Mona both go to the middle main building of this prison camp and have been able to hide from most shadows and got to the second floor and were able to find a safe room that inside, to their luck, was filled with a variety of weapons.

"We've only been here for a short time but it feels like we've been here forever."

"I agree. Although, it seems like we've struck some gold."

"Huh?"

"Weapons. I haven't used most of these but-"

Eliza picks up the scythe against the rusted lances and swings it a bit away from her companion.

"You sure you can hold something like that? Or better yet, use it?"

"Well, it shouldn't be too different from swinging a lance. The only difference I can feel is the weight and obviously the blade being bigger and to the side rather than a lance that has just a sharp point."

"Any chance you have your guns with you?"

"No, unfortunately. But, it seems that there is a crossbow here,"