"I got this dude." Mikey surged forward.

The boy caught up to Mikey and pushed him backwards. "Yeah right. So you can have the game for yourself? I think not."

They went back and forth like that for two minutes before the thief got the upper hand. They ran across the street just as the light changed, leaving the two boys on the other side. Mikey skid to a stop before he could get hit by the oncoming traffic. His rival at the time ran into his back (shell) and knocked Mikey's hat off.

"Oh, shell." Mikey whispered and dove into the nearest alleyway.

The brown haired boy followed. "You're a turtle? Is that why you're dressed like that in this weather?"

Mikey fumbled for a response. "No! You're imagining me, dude. You're so upset about the game that you're hallucinating."

"Right. That's why I'm still seeing you right now and that's also why you tried to hide when I saw you." The brown haired boy said while stepping closer.

Mikey sighed and walked out of his spot behind the trashcan. "Okay, you caught me, but you can't tell anyone about me!"

"I'm Den," the boy said, "and don't worry. Your secret is safe with me since we both love the same video game."

Mikey grinned. "Names Michelangelo, but my friends call me Mikey."

That encounter is what started everything. Mikey fell for Den and Den fell for Mikey. Neither one of them expected this to happen. It was just supposed to be a friendship; they were supposed to be bros. Clearly, their hearts had other plans for them.

Mikey would always sneak away from his brothers to secretly hang with Den. Their time together ranged from playing video games (including the new Blazeblue that Den finally managed to buy) to patrolling the city together to training. Den never thought he would find someone that loved all of the things he did, which is part of the reason why he fell for Mikey. 

Three months after they met, Mikey and Den had planned another hang out session to patrol. Mikey smiled to himself as he packed his belt with his nunchucks and ninja stars. Dancing around the house excitedly, he once again caught the attention of his brothers.

Leo nudged Donnie and Raph. "What's been up with him lately? He's, like, super happy."

Raph watched as Mikey moonwalked into the kitchen. "He's always super happy. That's normal Mikey behavior."

"No, I think Leo's right." Donnie added. "His happiness is different. It kinda reminds me of how I am when April is around."

The three eldest brothers all shared a surprised glance. "No way." Raph commented. "Our little brother is in love. That's where he has been going all those nights when he thinks he's sneaking out."

Mikey munched on a slice of pizza as he walked to the entrance of the lair. "Well, bros, I'm off to get more pizza. I'll catch you later."

"Pizza huh?" Leo crossed his arms. "Aren't you eating some now?"

Mikey quickly shoved the slice into his mouth. With his mouth full, he said, "This was the last piece. Gotta get some more. Bye." He slipped out of the lair.

~~~~~

Den raised his window to let his best friend into his room. He handed Mikey the box of pizza he promised to order if Mikey came over early. Mikey plopped down in front of the TV and ate another slice of pizza.

"So," he said in between chews, "what was the emergency?"

Den blushed, knowing the real reason he called Mikey was so he could try to tell him how he felt. "I... uh wanted to talk to you about... this new TV show I just started watching. Well, actually it's a movie that is adapted from this book and..."

Mikey blinked, confused as to why Den was acting so flustered. "What's it about?"

"It's called Love, Simon. Have you seen it yet?" When Mikey shook his head, Den continued. "Well, it's about these two boys who email back and forth. They end up falling for each other, but they don't know how to tell their family and friends that they, um, like the same gender."

The message that Den was trying to get across went right over Mikey's head. "Aw, that sounds so cute. Don't you just love love?" Mikey gushed, while secretly wishing that he were brave enough to ask Den out.

"So, you don't think there's anything wrong with two guys getting together?" Den asks, gaining some courage.

"Nah, dude. Love is love regardless. I don't see why people don't just go up to whoever they want and just say 'hey, I want to be with you and I don't care what the world thinks because all that matters is that I have you!' I guess it's just not that easy." Mikey shrugged.

Den smirked and sat down next to Mikey. "Hey, Mikey, I want to be with you and I don't care what the world thinks." He grabbed Mikey's hand and blushed some more. "Because all that matters is that I have you."

Mikey looked at Den, dumbfounded as heat erupted across his face. "I... you like me? As in like like?"

Den nodded. "I have for a while now. I just didn't know how you would feel about-"

Mikey cut him off by kissing him. It felt so surreal. The guy that he had always seen as his personal teddy bear just admitted his feelings for him and now they were kissing. 

When they pulled apart Mikey said. "I'm so glad you like me back because it would have been so awkward if I would've done what I was going to do and you didn't like me."

Den rested his head on Mikey's shoulder. "What were you going to do?"

"I was going to order a pizza with a note asking you out on an official date. Your plan was much better than mine." Mikey smiled to himself. "Anyway, now that we're official. You want to go kick some Purple Dragon butt together for a first date?"

Den cracked a smile. "Shell yeah. Couldn't imagine beating up criminals with anyone other than you."