I pouted, where was he?

That's when I heard a inhuman hiss from behind my neck.

My eyes widened at the sound, oh god.

I span around to Nathan and his blinding white fangs, a small gasp escaped my lips before I could stop it. It still shocked me to the core every time I saw them reminding me of the night he bit me and claimed me to be his mate.

"Trying to scare me little one?" He asked tilting his head slightly.

How did he know? The question was written all over my face.

"I could here your heartbeat hammering away upstairs I knew you had to be up to something" He glared slightly his fangs catching the light as he speaks. Why didn't I think about that? "I thought I'd play you at your own game"

"That's not very fair" I frowned although my eyes were captured by his glistening new edition to his mouth every time he spoke.

"I don't play fair" he replied snapping his teeth at me and making me jump.

He laughed meanly making me want to hit him in the back as he walked away from me and into the kitchen "I think I might keep these" He said referring to his fangs.

I rolled my eyes as I followed him into the kitchen, taking a seat at a cream style bar stool as Nathan opened the fridge that was disguised as part of the kitchen.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked turning to me so I could see his fully stocked fridge "I've got practically everything"

I raised an impressed eyebrow "have you got cereal?"

He looked at me a smiled "I have cereal" he closed the fridge with a touch of his hand after pulling out the milk, moving to the cupboard beside it which he opened. Reaching for the two cereals he bought them out and put them on the island table in front of me. He then found two bowls and two spoons setting them in front of us as he took the seat next to me.

I eyed up the two cereals in front of me with a cautious look.

The first, looked nutritious and boring with nuts and fruits.

The second, had a cartoon of a dancing monkey on it.

No doubt which one I was going to choose. I reached across for the dancing monkey cereal just as Nathan reached for the other cereal.

We shared a look of judgement for one another choices but didn't say anything.

I stole the milk before he could because I was still annoyed about him scaring me with his fangs.

"Here we go Nathan" I said pleasantly after I was done.

"Thanks Lailah" He smiled his fangs reappearing and disappearing in the few seconds he spoke.

"How do you do that?" I wondered resisting the urge to poke his teeth.

"Do what?" He said feigning ignorance as he poured his milk.

"Your teeth, they keep doing magic tricks" I pointed at his mouth.

"It's easy when you know how" he shrugged "plus it helps when your hungry, the fangs are more prone to come out when you least expect them to"

"Hungry?"

He smiled at me teasingly "Yes Lailah, I tend to get hungry when I haven't had blood in eighteen days"

"And where to get this blood?" I asked feeling myself raise a little in my seat.

"It depends" he answered returning my look just as hard.