Want

Chapter Forty-one

Want

The bedroom was big, in the centre was a huge four poster bed with red curtains draped over the sides. It looked very vintage and so did the rest of the room, with dark oak wood furniture. It was pretty though, there was no doubting that.

Nathan placed my bag on the bed before turning to me "Up to your standards my lady?"

I nodded slowly taking in the whole bedroom "How long have you had this house?"

"A couple centuries" he said as if it were no big deal "I had the heating fitted a few years ago though, so don't worry we don't have to rely on candle light" he smirked down at me his hand reaching up to run a finger down my jaw line.

I blushed lightly turning away from his touch "So where do you sleep?"

"There's a room down the hall" He said a smile forming on his lips "is that ok?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

He returned the look with just as much heat "Don't tempt me little one"

I just looked away trying to keep my breathing as steady as normal.

"I'll go put the fireplace on, try and get a bit of heat circling, while you unpack" He said laying a hand on my shoulder as he brushed past leaving me in the room alone as he closed the door shut behind him.

As soon as he was gone I took out my phone first reading the new messages from Colette and Anthony.

Colette- Safe journey? How's your parents :)

Anthony- I don't miss you or anything crazy unheard like that, but when are you coming back?

Just as I was guiltily typing my replies I stopped noticing my terrible phone reception. I had literally no bars, being this far out in the countryside I guess I should've known. I sighed throwing my phone aside on the bed and returned to unpacking.

I put my two sets of clothes and one set of pajamas in the oak draws at the end of the bed. Looking down at my toothbrush and toothpaste I wondered where the bathroom was and set them on top of the oak dresser.

Pulling out the computer last it felt worthless when I couldn't connect to the blog, no internet service meant I could just right a post without actually posting on the internet until I got somewhere that had connection. But then that felt like no point, here I was I completely cut of from everyone. I couldn't call, text, email. Yep this is the perfect place for serial killers.

I was starting to think this was a bad idea coming here, lying to my friends so easily like that. They're not going to forgive me, I should've told Colette before I came she'd of understood. But now it's too late.

After a few minutes I grabbed my phone and opened the bedroom door slipping out into the hallway. Maybe I could get a better reception here.

I discovered it only had one bathroom which was big and cold so I shivered and closed the door. I found the other bedroom at the end of the hallway, opening the door with the twist of the door handle I discovered Nathan's room.

It was anything really special, the four poster bed was pretty much identical to the one I was staying in, apart from the sheets where white. The furniture looked old like mine, but his were carved with patterns and swirls. A pile of books sat against the side of his wardrobe, I was too far away to read any of the titles but there were plenty and they all looked worn and well loved.

Looking down at my phone my eyes widened at the flicker of one bar appearing on my phone, but as soon as I saw it it was gone. I frowned attempting to send my texts anyway but both failed of course and I backed away from the room closing the door behind me.