Vampire Blood

Chapter Forty-two

Vampire Blood

I stirred in bed sleepily, feeling exhausted wanting nothing more than just to sleep but knew I should probably wake myself up otherwise I would be here all day.

Rolling out of bed I expected to find myself in my dorm room with an unconscious Colette sleeping in the bunkbed opposite but I had a moment of confusion as I found myself sitting in a double bed in a completely different room. What the actual ...?

But that's when I remembered, I was staying the weekend at Nathan's secluded countryside cottage. Somehow remembering that didn't calm me down as much as I'd of hoped.

I slipped out of bed, leaving the warmth of the duvet gave me chills and I hurried to where I had put my clothes.

I changed into some jeans and vest top quickly, before throwing over my head a white cotton jumper I had thankfully packed. I hugged my arms around myself for a second trying to stop myself from shivering, before grabbing my hairbrush and running it through my tangled hair.

I stared longingly at the bed for a long few seconds wanting nothing more than to hop back into to it's warm covers and sleep for eternity and never wake up again. If I were a vampire that's what I'd do for the rest of my life.

I left my room, poking my head out first as I scoped the hallway checking if there was any sign of life (well not life, because technically Nathan's not alive but you know what I mean). There wasn't, the hall was completely silent even his room stood still. He must be downstairs ... Hm.

An idea popped into my head at that very moment making me grin as if I needed some mental drugs. Nathan wound hate it, making me love it even more.

I tiptoed out of my room, closing the bedroom door silently behind me. I walked on the tips of my toes across the landing, feeling sneaking as I made my way down the stairs.

I'm like a spy. I thought with a smug smile. Agent Mask they will call me.

Accidentally stepping on a squeaky floorboard bought me out of my fantasy with a jolt. I nearly tripped over in surprise at the sound before grabbing the bannister and trying to regain my composure.

Keep it together Agent Mask. I told myself. This is a highly important mission.

I turned the corner of the banister with as little mishaps I could muster. It was a smooth journey up until my eyes laid on the path ahead of me, the stairs. They were older than vampire living in this very house so they bound to make some kind of noise.

I bit down on my bottom lip stepping forward on the first step with just my toes. I just had to be really careful.

Thankfully the first step made no sound and the second and third step where the same. All silent. The fourth and fifth groaned slightly under the pressure which made my heart flutter slightly but I made sure to move on quickly. Everything was going so well up until the second to last step, when the step complained loudly under foot the sound surely to echo. I hoped of quickly ignoring the last step and jumping straight onto the wood floor which made a sound in itself but was nothing to compare.

I sighed folding my arms. Was my cover blown all because of a stupid step?

I continued to creep round the living room corner anyway, thinking maybe my plan could still work.

I soon discovered downstairs was empty though, the living room and kitchen deserted from last night.

I stayed still, trying to see if I could hear him anywhere in the house but the house was more silent than ever.