No One Had Seen

Chapter Thirty-Nine

No One Had Seen

"Lala sing with me!" Colette yelled from across the field where she sat back to back with William playing music of her phone.

The night was dark and we had snuck out the back of the cafeteria after dinner to do really rebellious teenager things out on the playing fields like lighting things on fire or something ... yeah right. Our rebellion went as far as singing along to generic boy band music and eating into William's secret snack of sweets. Everyone was here apart from Jasper who was doing something with the school council tonight.

I waved Colette of rolling my eyes "ask William"

"Ooh yes, let's do a duet William" Colette beamed at the idea turning down to her phone to search for a new song.

William made a face at me "Thanks a lot Lailah"

"No problem" I grinned turning down to my own phone to check the time-

The heavy tumble of Anthony's body crashing into mine sent my phone flying out of my grip and my own body landing underneath his.

Anthony's grinning face met mine at first shocked but then annoyed expression "Anthony!" I whined pushing him of me with all my force but he didn't budge "What do you want?"

He simpered "So since I won't be seeing you for ages-"

"It's two days" I corrected trying again to push him of because this position was suddenly becoming very awkward. Plus I could just hear William and Colette's sniggers and Davie's eye roll from behind us.

Seeming unaffected by my struggle he continued "Yes like I said, Since won't be seeing you for two days I think I deserve a little something to remember you by"

It took me a second to realize what he was talking about but when I finally did, boy did I struggle. Kicking as hard as I could I squirmed hard out of his grip "Oh no, don't even think about it Anthony!"

He laughed pulling me back under him by the waist, but at my continues struggle we went rolling down the field "I'm going to get grass stains" I complained as William and Colette hooted over in laughter instead of coming to save me like real friends would. The idiots.

Anthony pinched me in the side and in reflex I kicked my knee up hard into his stomach. Oops?

Anthony doubled over in pain swearing inappropriate things under his breath as he rolled of me holding his stomach.

I sat up taking note of his screwed up face and clenched hands. Ok I feel kind of bad.

"Is he ok?" William asked from a way away.

I frowned "You ok Anthony?"

A swear word was the only response I got.

"I didn't mean to knee you in the stomach ..." I sighed resting the palm of my hand on his forehead as William and the others walked over "It's just your really annoying sometimes, you kind of deserved it"

A small bark of laughter left Anthony's lips before replying sarcastically "Thanks Lailah"

"I think he's going to be ok" William said looking down at Anthony.

"If he can still do sarcasm, he'll be fine" Davie interjected rolling his eyes at Anthony before looking over to me extending his hand where my phone was "I found it in the grass"

"Thanks" I said taking it graciously and doing what I originally wanted to do before it was flung out of my hands. To check the time. 11:46. Damn we had been out here for a long time.

I swallowed, my mouth suddenly feeling dry as I looked up at my friends "I have to go guys"

"Nooo" Anthony whined from where he still lay on the floor "Lala stay with me"

I patted him awkwardly on the head before standing "Sorry Anthony"

Colette's bundle of tallness ran into myself squeezing me into one of her classic powerful hugs of hers "Have fun, hope you sort it out with your parents" she whispered.

My heart tinged as I nodded "yeah ..."

William and Davie both gave me one of there awkward hugs that left me rolling my eyes at their hopelessness.

I backed away smiling at my friends, who probably won't even consider me a friend after they find out how big of a lier I am "Ok well I'll see you later-"

"No!" Anthony yelled attempting to sit up bit doubled over in pain again.

"Anthony, I'm not even being funny. I have to go" I said walking slowly over to him again, before dropping to my knee's.

"I know that" He sighed "and maybe if I hadn't of been knee'd so aggressively in the stomach I could of given you a proper goodbye"

"It was a reflex!" I defended.

Anthony laughed up at me "I know that"

"Can I go now?" I asked impatiently "or am I going to have to sit through you insulting me some more?"

He opened his mouth about to say something but deciding against it opened his arms in a gesture to hug "A proper goodbye?"

I squinted my eyes trying to work out if this was just a trap to tackle me again but considering his state that seemed unlikely.

"Fine" I agreed nodding and he grinned.

Reaching down my hands wrapped around his torso, making sure not to touch him in his stomach, in a awkward lying down hug that really wasn't that comfortable. After a few long seconds I pulled away, but Anthony stopped me by the his hand on my arm before I could get any further.

"Anthony I have to go" I insisted ready to pull away when his lips connected with my cheek. For a brief few seconds we just stayed like that and when we did pull away I was confused.

"What was ..." I trailed of stupidly because I knew what it was. A kiss on the cheek nothing more.

"Be safe" Anthony smile was small but I could tell genuine.

And so I nodded "I will" standing up his hand slipped from mine. A hand I hadn't even realized I was holding until then and I turned around bracing myself from the snark comments from the others. But to my luck Davie was showing them both his new game on his phone and they were all engrossed.

No one had seen.

******************************************

I really want to write more but it's midnight and I sleepy -_-

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

What did you think?

x