Inficio Infeci Infectum

Chapter Thirty-Four

Inficio Infeci Infectum

It was dark out and the glow from Colette's laptop was keeping me from falling asleep she was having trouble posting our blog. Plus Abigail still hadn't come back to the dorm room all day I was starting to wonder whether Nathan had sent her back home or if she was going to come bursting through the door any second now. I hadn't told Colette much of what happened in the classroom apart from Abigail had turned up and now she knows me and Nathan are Soulmate's, I never dreamed of telling her about the kiss or the planned weekend together, I know what she'd say.

Tugging of my sheets I sat up in bed watching as Colette taped away frustratedly at her computer.

"Hey" I said in a slight whisper

"Go to sleep Lailah, I've got this" She said

I pouted flipping back in bed whining to her "I can't!"

"Is this about Nathan?" She asked glancing up from her computer at me for a brief second before returning to. Tap, tap, click

I shrugged stirring over to look at her "I don't know"

"Is this about Abigail?" The look on her face was the same as mine when she said her name- pure disgust. We both giggled.

"I don't know" I sighed after the moment past.

"Is it about your parents visiting on Friday?" She mumbled

"Visiting" I scoffed looking up at the ceiling "more like saying good bye. And you know what? Good riddance to the both of them! I don't need them anymore, they were useless parent anyway" the last sentence came out as a hoarse whisper and my face fell.

"Oh Lailah" Colette sighed looking up from over her laptop to give me a disapproving look "you don't mean that"

"Yeah- yeah I do" I turned away from her mumbling a good night into my pillow before forcing myself to close my eyes and to at least pretend to fall asleep.

I don't how long I just lay there motionless, listening to the rattle of the wind from outside the window. But soon I remembered Colette stoping the, tap,tap,click and the rustling of her bed sheets and the room fell silent. And I was alone with just the whistling of the wind sound rattling the window.

The tears fell before I could even consider suppressing them. One by one they fell down my cheeks and into my pillow making my whole face wet with my own tears.

I was crying.

Crying like a f*cking baby because for the first time since arriving I felt homesick.

I missed home, not matter how much I tried to deny it. I did.

I missed my mum, I missed my dad. I miss feeling like I actually belonged somewhere. I miss having a place to call home.

But I knew now even if I did ever go back, back to my old bedroom, my old life. It wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't be my safe haven anymore. It wouldn't feel like my home anymore. Because it's not anymore.

I belong in this f*cking vampire school.

This is my home.

And that just made me cry harder.

~

It's warm.

Dark, but warm.

I couldn't see anything but I could feel something.

It's warm.

I'm not alone

Could this be a dream?

It's warm.

My eyes open and that's when I know it's a dream.

Because he couldn't possibly be real.

I'm dreaming about him that's all.

Like I used to as a kid, like I haven't done in so many years.

He's standing in front of me, at the end of my bed.

He's smiling. The same cheesy smile he always gave me when he was up to no good.

It's a dream, but he's here.

At least it feels like he's here.

And I've never felt so happy to see him.

He's here, I'm not alone.

I'm not alone.

"Grandad?" I whispered my voice shaking slightly even though I didn't intend for it to.

He just smiled.

"Grandad?" I repeated sitting forward trying to reach him but he stepped back shaking his head.

Something's wrong.

"What grandad?" I cried "what do you want?"

Smiling he pointed to his chest then to mine.

"What ...?" I looked down. Finding my little ring he has given to me all those years ago hanging of the chain. I picked it up reading the little cursive word and looking back up I frowned "what is it grandad?"

His smile dropped and his eyes were trained on the ring, glaring darkly at it as it were evil.

I looked back down to the ring in my hand and froze as I found the original word has changed and it's place something different was written.

"Inficio Infeci Infectum"

"What does this mean?" I asked looking back up- but grandad was gone.

And that's when everything when black.

******************************************

Ok new chapter!

Sorry if it's a little sad ... :/

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, it's a little different :)

Also do you know what 'Inficio Infeci Infectum' mean? Google it if you like (that's what I did hehe) or you can just wait for the next update!!! Which will be soon ... hopefully ;)

xx