I Can't Do This

Chapter Eighteen

I Can't Do This

His hands trailed down my thighs as his lips left a trail of kisses up my neck before his lips met mine in an intense and slow kiss. The heat between us was building and all I wanted was him closer.

"Nathan" I murmured against his lips pulling him down on me

He pulled his lips away, looking down at me as his light hazel eyes turned black.

I wanted him now, there was no doubt as his lips came crashing down on mine ...

My eyes sprang open to the darkness of my dorm room, and not in a bed with Nathan ... Only a dream, always only a dream. I sat up in bed trying to slow my breath so I didn't wake Colette, reaching for my phone I checked the time.

3:40 am

I breathed out threw my lips and rubbed my tired eyes. It's always the same, every night since Monday it's been the same dream. I don't know what it means apart from me apparently being a very hormonal teenager. But what I do know is I have History today and this time it's not going to be the same.

I am not going to get effected by his charming looks or the feelings his stirs inside me.

If I just remember he's a thousand-and something monster, Vampire, killer I should do just fine.

My hands wrapped around the ring hanging from my neck and sighed repeating the same thing over and over again in my head

'I can do this'

**Nathaniel's POV**

I walked through the palace doors hearing my mothers screams from upstairs before I had reached the stairs.

"What happened?" I asked Abigail as she ran down the stairs

"Oh hello brother, didn't think i'd see you here thought you live at that school now" Abigail said completely ignoring my question, so I repeated it

"One of the servants spilt red wine on her gown at supper" She sighed "She's totally overreacting, that gown was hideous anyway"

"Ah" I nodded it was a weekly occurrence for Mother to flip of and for us to lose a servant every week or so

"So what are you doing here?" Abigail asked me

"Can't I come see my adoring family without a reason?" I shrugged smiling as I moved past her to the kitchen that none of us actually use because the servants have there own kitchen and this one is more for show.

"Wait what the hell was that?" Abigail asked as she followed me

I turned round to her "What was what?"

"You smiled" She stared at me wide eyed "You just smiled..."

"So?" I laughed

"Oh my god who are you?" She choked out "Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm feeling fine" I said suppressing a smile

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" Abigail asked creasing her brow in confusion

"Am I not aloud to be happy?" I asked

"Pfft don't act like this isn't a big deal Nathan, your the prince of grumpy-ness" she said "Something big must of happened to make you happy"

"Nothing happened" I said flippantly moving past her

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs" I answered

"You can't run from me Nathan, I'm going to get to the bottom of this you know!" She called after me as I made my way up the stairs

I ignored her hoping she's just saying that to annoy me and doesn't actually start to investigate the source to my happiness. The last thing I want is her interfering with me and my mate.

I peeped a look inside the dining room to see two servants moping up a red liquid of the floor. I wasn't sure if it was wine or blood, probably both knowing my mother. I was on my way to my mothers quarters when I was overcome with an strong and powerful feeling, it was so strong I had to lean against the wall. I closed my eyes and sore the image of me on top of Lailah, kissing her, touching her ...

I chuckled opening my eyes. Lailah's dreams have been getting more vivid every night, and to be honest more entertaining. In addition to being mates we are linked but at the moment only I can feel that link because I'm a Vampire, all Lailah feels as a human, is a deep attraction and a few naughty dreams at night. Once I claim her as mine and change her she will feel the link.

**Lailah's POV**

I can do this, I can do this

I can do this ...

I stared at the classroom door, feeling my pulse quicken every second I stay longer here. Waiting.

I can do this

I kept repeating the chant over and over again in my head but it was not helping at all.

"Are you ok Lailah?"

I jumped at the sound of Colette's voice. I turned to her with a pained expression

I can't do this...

"Lailah?" Colette asked concerned

"In you come class" He said from behind me

I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this...

Jasper then wrapped his hand around my waste and pulled me to him "Come on Lala" and walked me past Nathan.

I don't know how or why but jasper must of sensed how uncomfortable I was around Nathan and somehow made the whole class somewhat bearable. He was a big distraction the whole lesson and made a joke out of everything. I was beginning to really like this jasper kid.

When the bell rang at the end of the lesson, like I had predicted Nathan asked to see me.

"Sorry Sir but we have theater practice" Jasper said helping me with my backpack and slips it over my shoulder

Nathan's eyes narrow on him but Jasper doesn't falter "And you know how strict Mr Blownson is!"

Jasper pushes me gently over to the door where Colette is waiting

"I'm sure he can make an exception for me" Nathan said

"Really sir I wouldn't, he's called Mr Blownson for a reason" Jasper said as we're halfway through the door way and he calls "See you next week sir!"

We then all hurry out of the History block.

"Thanks Jasper" I said once we were far out of reach from the history room "but how?"

"I know a perv when I see one" Jasper shrugged "but you've got to be careful hon, Vampires are dangerous"

I gave him a half smile "that's easer said than done"

"I'm always here to help" Jasper smiled

Colette gives me a half a hug then asks Jasper if he wants to join us at lunch

"Sure" Japer nodded

**********************************************************************************************

Ok here you go :D

Chapter Eighteen, what do you think?

xx