Surprise 32

Hey monsters! Oneesama here with the next chapter, yay!!!

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT LIME-Y
AKA MATURE

Anyway... This one's the last fluffy one we're going to have for a while. Some ish is about to go down and I must warn you... Emotions will run wild.

So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy this!!!
Onto the story!!!!

XxX

The smell of something amazing drifted in the air and I found myself searching for the source. My eyes went wide as I realized it was coming from the kitchen. Following my nose, I found Rogue bent down in front of the oven pulling out a glass, covered pan.

Sensing my presence he turned to me with his eyes wide. "You're back already?"

I got a little nervous because he looked upset that I was there. Maybe I should've gone with Sting and Yukino to eat instead of coming back to relax.

Honestly, I had forgotten about him being back to normal and I was a little wary of being completely alone with him for the first time. Normally, Sting or Yukino was with us. When they weren't around, Frosch was there acting as an unknown buffer.

But Sting and Yukino were on a date and Frosch was having a sleepover with Lector and Isaac at Rufus and Orgas house. Rogue sighed and then let out a deep chuckle.

"Guess I shouldn't have taken so long to decide what to cook. Welcome home Lucy." My anxiety fell back and I smiled warmly at him. I guess he wasn't mad after all. I looked behind him.at the various pots and pans then looked back at him with a raised brow.

"I'm not the best cook but I'm not completely helpless in the kitchen." He joked with an awkward chuckle.

Giggling back, I walked over to the cabinets and started to grab plates and silverware. "It smells delicious."

XxX

We had a nice warm dinner, complete with conversation and wine. After that, he surprised me with a new library room. Apparently a door that I assumed was a closet was actually an unused office space. Rogue had commissioned workers to lime the walls with shelves, and he had filled it with cozy looking furniture and a coffee/wine bar.

The room was complete with a fireplace and one already filled corner of classic literature. It took us another bottle of wine to finish setting my new books up and just as I was beginning to feel tipsy, Rogue led me to his study.

It was a lovely room it had the same black floors as the rest of the house and was decorated in burgundy and beige. A shuffling sound alerted me to Rogue who had moved to dig an envelope from his large black desk.

"I wanted to apologize to you Lucy." He said as he turned back to me. The sincerity in his visible eye made my knees buckle and I found myself barely able to whisper. "For what?"