Guild Marks 13

Word count: 2,110

Hey monsters! Oneesama here with chapter 13! So there's been a small time skip. It's the end of October, Lucy's birthday is in a few days and Halloween is in 10 days. (Remember this... It's important lol)

This chapter is a bit shorter. I'm still debating on which format I like better... Actually, which do yall like better?

Longer chapters (5-7k words)
Shorter chapters (2-3k words)

Let me know in the comments.

This is going to be the beginning of the first story arc... Well call it the Childhood Arc. I hope y'all enjoy!

I used a one shot request to create this story arc which will stretch the next few chapters!!!

As always, this chapter was Beta read and edited by celestialprincess26 from FFN!mention a user

Now, onto the story!!!

XxX

Back in Magnolia

Things at the Fairy Tail guild hall hadn't been quite as normal as one might think. It had been almost a month since Lucy quit Team Natsu and left the guild.

When the master broke the news that Lucy had given up her place for Lisanna, the team was filled with mixed feelings. Gray was pissed because he knew his 'sister' had been dealing with depression and worried about her making this decision alone.

Erza was proud of Lucy for putting the feelings of others above her own. She also thought her wanting to become stronger was a good goal and applauded her efforts. She thought Lucy knew exactly what she was doing so she wasn't worried in the slightest.

Happy, contrary to his name, was sad. He loved Lucy like a mother and wasn't sure how he felt about Lisanna replacing her. Sure Lisanna technically was around first, but they never shared the bond he and the blonde did.

Lucy had, on more than one occasion, put her own life in danger to keep not only him but Natsu safe. He thought it was extremely unfair that after everything, his dad would just let her
go so easily.

Natsu was excited and nervous. He didn't once think about how Lucy felt leaving. All he could think about was how he would have the chance to get closer to his long lost companion. Over the years he had never forgotten her. Lucy was a good friend and he truly cared for her, but she could never make him feel the things his silver haired maiden could.

The takeover mage herself however, was filled with guilt and confusion. Sure she loved Natsu but she also knew how much Lucy loved him. She knew what the two had been through and wondered if it was fair that she returned out of nowhere and took Natsu away.

Though the five were dealing with their heavy emotions, they continued their day to day lives. Taking, and botching, multple missions a week and causing havoc throughout the guild. But today was different.

Today the master had gathered everyone to tell them about a notice he received from the magic Council. Apparently, a Demon called Bane who utilized curses and bane particles to strip enemies of their magic and torture them to death was running amuck near Magnolia.