Making up for Lost Time 31

Hey monsters!!! TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY YAY!!! In honor of me starting the last year of my 20s, here with a surprise update!!

It's just a small filler chapter that I wrote while on break at work so it's not the best but oh well lol.

No rogue in this chapter but it's neat. Plus I realized if I didn't add it a chapter I plan to publish soon won't make sense.

Anyway, enough from me...
Onto the story!!!

XxX

Two weeks had passed since Isaac completed his first missions. We had related Lucy and gotten new clothes. Isaac had decided to train under Orga for the time being leaving Lucy, Yukino, Sting, and I free to do as we pleased.

It was well into November and I vaguely remembered Lucy mentioning her birthday was in October. Guilt flooded me as I realized she probably didnt enjoy the day because she was stuck with two children at the time.

I decided I wanted to do something special, as a thank you of course, as a belated birthday gift. I left my three bubbly companions at the guild and made my way into town...

XxX

I wonder what his problem is?" Sting asked with a huff. Lucy just slapped him playfully and I laughed at his stupidness. Honestly, who could tell when it came to Rogue.

He was as mysterious as he was intelligent. He had a way of never showing emotion and I'll admit, sometimes it frightened me knowing what I knew about his future persona.

We decided to ignore the gloomy vibe he had left behind and started making plans for the day. "So Lucy, do you want to go shopping? There's a new magic shop I've been wanting to check out."

"That sounds fun. Are you coming with us Sting?" I waited for him to say yes, knowing this was part of our plot to convince Lucy to stay.

He didnt disappoint. Giving her a toothy grin he patted his stomach and said, "we're getting lunch while we're out right?"

"Of course!" Lucy and I said together. Laughing at the silliness of it, the three of us made our way towards the town's shopping district.

XxX

"Welcome to the Mages Mage! How can I help the mighty mages of Sabertooth today?" A very skinny old man greeted us at the door. He was hunched over and using a wooden cane taller than him to stand. His long beard drug on the floor and his squinty eyes hid behind thick lenses of black goggle glasses. He was overjoyed to see us and I was glad we decided to come here.

"Do you have any items for celestial mages?" Yukino quickly asked, determined to find something specific that I couldn't figure out. I hoped she found whatever it was she was looking for while we were here.

"Oh yes, I have a decent collection of keys along with weapons, armor, and spell books." The merchant scuttled into the store and we followed behind eagerly.

"Do you have any gale force reading glasses or hyperpens? Maybe ruine ink or books on dragons and dragon slayers?" I asked as we neared the front counter where a glass case displayed dozens of silver, angel, gemstone, and on us keys.

"I have all of those things. I also have speciality potions to boost magical energy and tomes on various learned magic. I also have many holder magic items such as celestial keys, Angel coins and keys, onyx keys, gemstone keys, tarrot cards, heavinly crystals, script quills, and spacial weapons."