Day One 20

Word count: 2,577

Hey monsters! Oneesama here with chapter 20! The next two chapters are ready to go so I'll upload them soon. I'm having a hard time with chapter 23 though. Hopefully I can get it written in the next week or so if not publishing may be delayed a few dats because I still need to have it edited. Anyway, here's a little look into a child Rogue
Now, onto the story! Note... Isaac is based off of my (almost) 11 year old son Isaac. I'll also be featuring my other two sons Daniel and Caine later on in the book!

XxX

It should have been a pleasant morning. It. was around nine and Lucy was putting the finishing touches on the luggage she was packing. After her talk with Erza and then Rogue and Isaac, Lucy had a feeling she wouldn’t be needing her apartment much longer.

She had spent the night packing every one of her belongings, down to taking her furniture apart and boxing it up. Her bedroom was now bare and the only room left to pack was her kitchen. She planned on leaving Virgo behind to pack everything up and store it in the spirit world with everything else.

She had planned on making omurice for breakfast but when she walked out of the sanctuary of her bedroom, she was met with the War of the Kids.

"Waffles!"

"Fishy pancakes!"

"French toast!"

"But I want waffles!"

Lucy groaned and threw her head into her hands. How stupid of her to think these kids would be as cute in the morning as they were when they were asleep. She stood in the kitchen doorway and watched, half annoyed at their yelling and half amused by the absurdity of their argument.

"Fro doesn't want your gross waffles and French toast!"

"Gross? Your fishy pancakes are the gross things!"

"We're having French toast!"

"But I want-"

"Can you three stop it please?" She couldn't take it anymore. Not only were they giving her a headache, but they needed to hurry up or they would miss their train back to Sabertooth. Sting had been furious when Lucy had called and explained what happened. She wasn’t looking forward to facing him and these children weren't making her life any easier. "I'll make all three."

"That's ok Lucy, I'll eat waffles you don't have to make French toast." Kawaii! Of course Rogue offers to make something easier for me. Even as a child he's a gentleman!

"No worries Rogue, if you want French toast then that's what we'll make! Go pick out the bread you want along with whatever meat you want on the side. Isaac, you can help make the waffles you want by picking your berries and cutting up some fruit. Fro, go pick a fish from the fridge and grab the milk butter and eggs while you're in there."

With instructions handed out, Lucy put on her lacy pink cooking apron and started the task of preparing three special meals for her three favorite boys.

XxX

Lucy considered herself lucky given the situation. Normally tickets for four people on the train would've been over 100,000j. But because both Rogue and Isaac were children, they got a huge discount. They didn’t even charge Fro since technically he wasn't a person and he was asleep. In all Lucy saved 50,000j cutting the cost completely in half.

Together she,  Rogue, Frosch, and her newest companion Isaac made their way towards the front of the train. Because of the discount, Lucy was able to afford first class tickets, something she rarely allowed herself to indulge in. But she figured that since she basically had three children with her, she would give them the ultimate experience.