"Get out of my house, I don't want to see you or anyone to do with this screwed up world for a long time. I need to figure everything out and you coming into this house unwelcome doesn't help. I'll call you when I'm ready."

"They won't let me come back. You will have to come to me. I left a note up in your room on your desk with the address." He nods at me then walks out of the house.

How did he get into my room? How was he able to spend time outside in the day?

Stupid questions but I don't know enough about anything.

I run up to my room before anyone could see me.

All I wanted to do today was sleep, eat and sleep some more. Like I usually do when hungover.

'Will you let me explain? Erik didn't get to the point and you didn't let me.'

"Why? You already lied to me."

It might not be obvious when you first get to know me but I'm big on trust. I'm someone who never really cares what happens as long as you don't screw up enough to betray my trust.

But Reyna, she knew that we had a mate, I was excited, hoping it wouldn't end up how it did why Dylan. But she didn't tell me so it came about pretty similarly.

'JUST LET ME EXPLAIN!' she manages to yell, how she can raise her voice in my mind, I don't know, 'His vampire half reached out to me. He didn't want me telling you. His vampire didn't tell him either. You're not alone in this, all the time, with someone whose job it is to inject someone with the type of medication and cause the sort of pain, he could never do it to his mate. So vampires have developed to not react as strongly as wolves, for the vampire half to reach out and talk when the first meet to avoid any lasting pain. He regrets it all now, but it had to be done.'

I felt like a dick.

'We have to lie, everyone does. When they first meet, and their human is confused. They have to lie.'

"I'm sorry for not letting you explain."

'I understand. This isn't normal for you. But it is for us. We, like the wolves, spend time with our god and goddess before we come here. And in that time, we are with our mates. We recognise each other much sooner and are able to dampen the effects so you don't feel.'

Sighing I sit down. I am now beginning to understand things. But barely anything.

I study my desk, looking for the note that Erik said he left. But I couldn't find it. The desk was one of the new and wooden ones, just a table on top of a stand no drawers and I kept it relatively neat. Only a pile of books resting in the corner, my laptop in the centre, lamp turned on and some papers lying where I was studying last.

"Are you looking for this? I smelt something different from the backyard, then obviously you weren't in your room. I thought maybe you were going out to see your old boyfriend."

I was staring at him. Why would he dare come here? He was the reason I came back.

"Ashton, why are you here? You need to leave."

"Oh, like you told Erik to leave? And how did that go?" He said looking at me.

"I had to say it twice, but at least he heard and left. But you have to leave. What makes you think that you're welcome here after everything that happened? You ran me out of the place that I found refuge."

"Didn't you hear what I said that night? I always stand with my brother. But only to protect the pack. What we did that night was wrong. I understand if you don't trust me, but the pack is in danger now. That clan the vampire came from is attacking us. We need your help."

"So the only reason you're here is to convince me to help? That's it? Not apologise for everything. Wow, you really haven't changed that much. How did you convince my family to let you stay?"

"I told them that your mate was my brother, and that he needs to be alive if you want to live. I said that your lives are connected. And even your biological parents can't dispute it because there has never been this many combinations of entities within a person."

"So you lied to them? All your pack seems to be doing is lying to me. You and Dylan. You two have ruined anything I used to have for the pack. I wanted to join. But I will help. Only for those who were kind to me. For Hazel, Leo and Jasmine. You will never be someone who I trust. Not you or Dylan."

"Hmm. Well then, I guess you're going to want this note back right? To go back to your mate? Why? He lied to you. And Dylan is also your mate. They have done the same things, yet you are choosing him."

"I would like it back, but I have not chosen anything yet. You, Dylan or Erik cannot control who I choose. This is up to me. Now put it down and leave. Me. Alone."

He begins to walk out of the door, but he turns back to say one more thing,

"I am sorry by the way. You seemed to be a really cool girl. But my pack and brother comes first. And if you choose Erik, you will become an enemy. I can't be friends with someone who broke my brothers heart."

Before I could answer he was gone. Why does life have to be so difficult? 

Ik it's been a month, but writers block is a bitch. I've just gotten back into it, getting more ideas and wanting to further this story. (English is short stories atm, check out my school work book thing, got ideas and work)

Hope you guys enjoyed this, is there anything you think should happen? I might make it happen. 

Thx for reading!!