Playing With The Alpha- Chapter 8 pg 28

When I woke up I was confused to why I was completely dressed and on my bed. I turn around and nearly scream when I see Zayne sitting on the edge of the window looking up at the night sky.

"Zayne?"

He turns to me and smiles, "You're finally awake."

"How did you get in here and....and how did I get dressed?" I say. Zayne comes closer and places his hands in his pant pockets. "Your window was open and you fell asleep in the tub."

"You snuck through....my, my window and Chan...Changed me? I ask. He lightly laughs and rubs the back of his neck. "No, actually Cathy let me in and then we found you in the tub. "He explains.

"You didn't see anything, did you?" I had to ask. How embarrassing would it be for Zayne to see me naked?

"Well, I mean I did help her get you out."

I shriek and bury my face into my pillow.

"Leah I'm joking, if it make you feel any better, I closed my eyes. I wouldn't invade your privacy like that." He says.

"Why are you here anyway?"

Zayne shakes his head, "Just wanted to check up on you, after the attack. Besides you didn't think I would just steal a kiss and disappear?"

I laugh and look down at my hands.

"What?"

"You really are brave." Zayne turns back to me and shakes his head. "I tried, but I'm not the one you should be thanking." He says.

"What do you mean?"

"It wasn't me that saved you, it was Randi. He saved the both of us along with some senior members of the pack."

"He....Randi is the one that saved me?"

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter. You're the real hero."

He looks to me and smiles slightly and shakes his head.

"Anyways, we're having another celebration and I want you to go as my date." Zayne says. "What's the plan this time?"

"We show up and make him jealous, the usual, but this time you're not just going to look ordinary. No, you're going to be made over from head to toe. You'll be like Cinderella. "

"How exactly are you going make me over?" I ask. "Not much needs to be done but a new outfit." He says. I blush at the compliment.

We both turn when a knock comes from the door. It was Cathy. "I was just checking in on you." She says. I thank her and turn back to Zayne. He looks down at me. "I should be leaving now anyways."

I whine.

He nods and then gives me a light kiss on the forehead I turn around in a daze and watch him say good night to Cathy and leave. Cathy turns to me with a strange look.