6

The ceremony didn't end until 10, and Cathy always helped out by staying to clean up after everyone. I sat at one of the tables that were set up in the back yard, waiting for her to finish.

"You actually did it?" Someone said from behind. I turn around in my seat to see spoke.

"Did what?"

Zayne laughed before walking to the other side of the table pulling a chair out. "You went into the kitchen." he said as if it was obvious.

"You told me I should get it over with and besides, I thought you couldn't be seen talking to me?" I say with a raised eyebrow. He smirks and his eyes gazed on something behind me. I turn to see what he was looking at. It was alpha Randi who stood by Camila as they chatted with pack members. Alpha Randi eyes suddenly turned to us. I quickly turned around towards Zayne who had a big smile on his face. He even waves back at him.

"Wow! Look at him." he says with amazement. I shake my head "I rather not." I say.

"That A-hole knows he wants to come over here."

"What are you talking about?" I was confused at what he was doing. Zayne sat quietly for a while as if he was thinking; he pulled up a chair and sat down.

Zayne leaned in closer to me, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Don't say or do anything, watch this." was all he whispered to me. I could feel a strong presence behind us which only belonged to one person.

"Hey! Big bro," Zayne said leaning back into his chair, Zayne taps my arm to get my attention. "Look its Randi!"

"It's alpha Randi to you." The alpha forcefully spoke.

What the hell was Zayne doing?

I wanted to turn around to see him. My body ached to touch him. I hurriedly placed them under my lap.

I look to Zayne who was still smirking at his brother. "Is there anything you need alpha?" he faked concerned.

"Actually there is, there was a problem down by the watchmen station, I need you to go with one of the members to take care of It." he said abruptly.

Zayne rolled his eyes before standing back up. "I'll take care of it, don't worry." he said but he still didn't make a move right away. Wanting to see Randi's face expression, I slowly turn around. Alpha Randi's eyes flicker towards me and we held eye contact for only a split second until he looked back to Zayne before he walks away.

Zayne sat back down. "Did you see that?" he stated with enthusiasm. "See what?" I answer.

"Did you not notice how fast he came over here?"

"Yes, but so what?"

"That proves he's protective over you."

"But only because of his wolf's doing, of course." I corrected him.

"No because he's territorial of his possessions."

I slightly look over my shoulder to alpha Randi who looked very uncomfortable and aggravated. I looked back to Zayne who was writing a secret note.

He carefully folds and places it in the palm of my hand before standing up. "See you later." he says before walking off.

I look down at the napkin and opened it with eager anticipation.

Meet me at the dock at 12 ;) was all it said. "Leah, are you ready?" Cathy says from behind. I fold the napkin back up and stuff it in my pocket. "I'm coming!" I say.