pg 43

"Mark me." I could hear myself say.

Zayne now stunned by my request, appeared to be in a daze.

"What?" He softly speaks.

I push him away and turn, uncontrollably crying. Suddenly I'm lifted up off the ground. Zayne doesn't say anything but turns around as he carries me back to his car. He put me in the passenger side and straps me in.

We both say nothing and the long silence only made things worst. I was force to think about everything that just happened. Besides I was too embarrassed to say anything.

I'd just told him to mark me. What was I thinking?

The ride home seemed extremely longer than usual, In fact I didn't recognize where we were going, I was becoming more and more numb. I didn't care as long as I was far away for Randi.

I hadn't realized we stopped until Zayne opens the car door and carries me to the cabin. I hated feeling helpless but I was too weak to fight him.

When inside the front room we're greeted by the darkness.

"Stay here." Zayne says. Something about his tone was different. He disappears for a moment. I watch him start the fireplace. The whole room lit up in a beautiful orangey color, I glance around the room.

"Where are we?" I say with a raspy voice."

Zayne stands up by the fireplace. "It's my grandparent's old cabin."

"Why did you bring me here?"

Zayne's phone begins to ring. He checks his phone it and immediately denies the call.

"I'll run a hot bubble bath." He says. He leads me upstairs.

I stand awkwardly in the large bedroom. As Zayne goes in the bathroom and runs the bath. I wipe my tear stained face and running nose as I take a seat on the edge of the bed, I try to unstrap my shoe.

"Let me." Zayne comes and bends on his knees. He grabs my calf, I watch as he skillfully removes my high heel shoes.

"Zayne, I don't know what came over me when I- " I start to apologize for my irrational behavior.

"Oh, you mean this?" He points to the scratches that were all over his hand.

I gasp mortified at what I've done.

"Its fine I'm a werewolf remember. It'll heal, besides my father always warned me to stay away from an angry woman." He jokingly says.

I head into the bathroom and shut the door. I lean up and let out a deep breath. Turning my head to the side I could see my reflection in the mirror. My once bouncy curls were now limp, my makeup smudged all over my face.

Who was I? I barely recognized myself.

I step into the tub and slowly submerged my body into the warm water.