pg 60

After an hour of driving in awkward silence, with Randi, we finally reached our destination.

"Where are we?" I ask him.

He gets out and walks to the trunk and opens it. He pulls out a large basket.

"What a picnic?" I confusingly ask.

------------------------------------

We both walk through the woods. I struggled to keep up. "Can you please tell me where we're going?"

"We're here." He announces and stops to take in the view. My mouth drops at the beautiful view of the lake that was surrounded by large pine trees. The water looked as if it was sparkling.

There was a row of boats parked at the dock, Randi takes my hand and lead me towards them.

"Get in, but be careful." He warns.

He hands me the basket and I secure it in my lap, He rows the boat to the other side of the lake. I secretly watch as his muscular arms flexed with every movement of the ore.

Needing to distract myself from him, I began to hum to myself a song that Cathy sang to me as a child, "The brave wolf."

Randi stops rowing in the middle of the lake.

"Who taught you our pack song?"

"My mother Cathy use to sing this to me when I was a younger."

"Do you know the story behind the song?" He asked.

"The song was based on the founding fathers of our pack, the first alpha. He was my great, great grandfather. He left his home, when it was wiped out by a strange plague."

"He settled here, only to find that the land was already taken by humans." "They had stolen the land savagely slaughtering the inhabitants; men, women and children. Somehow he managed to unite the remaining survivors. After the fighting stopped the humans were forced out and a new pack was born."

I have to admit it felt weird; engaging in an actual conversation with the alpha.

"So.....What's all this about?"

"Well, I'm trying to apologize for my behavior, and this is my way of trying to get to know you better."

I sarcastically laugh out, "Oh, I think I know as much as I need to know about you."

He laughs and shakes his head. "Trust me you don't."

"You're a mean, heartless man, and even if you were like everyone saying, you seriously suck."

"Okay. Let's see if I can read you. You're a little, scared girl who's afraid of her own shadow. And you're too young to know what you want, and you don't have what it takes to be an alpha female, you're too weak!"

"Are you serious? That sounds more like you Randi. You're the one who doesn't know what you want and quite frankly I never wanted to be the alpha female!"

Feeling my emotions raising, I start to lose my composure. I stood up in the boat, as it starts to swiftly rock back and forth.

"Sit down." He orders but I refuse to listen.

"No!" I shout.

"I said sit down!"

Randi stands up and grabs my arm.

"Let go, you're hurting me!" I say trying to pull my arm away, while kicking him.

I pound at his chest then he releases me, but just as he lets go. I lose my balance and fall into the ice cold water.

Randi shouts my name before he jumps in after me.

I could feel his arms wrap around my wrist as he tries to bring me back to the surface, but I fight him off. Returning back on my own I gasp out for air. Soon he resurfaces beside me.

"Are you alright?" He asks, swimming closer to me.

"Don't come near me! I'm fine." I try my best to keep afloat. I never was a good swimmer but I didn't want help.

"You can't swim, here." He grabs me by the back of my dress collar and pulls me to him. He wraps his arm around me as I turn around and start swinging my arms everywhere hoping to hit him.

"Leah stop!" He barks.

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion and everything that was, wasn't anymore. All sound stopped and the only thing I could hear and feel was the pounding in my chest as his lips traveled across my face forcibly onto my lips.