pg 58

My eyes open, where was I? I stare at the room, taking in my new surroundings. I stand up, but was greeted by an unbearable migraine headache.

Getting out of the bed I noticed a night stand with a freshly plucked rose that lay next to a tall glass of water sitting on a tray. On the tray was a small handwritten note with the name, Randi written on it.

Drink some water; it'll make you feel better, is all it read.

By passing the note I go straight for the glass of water, I swiftly gulp down every drop. Suddenly a knock comes from the door I react quickly. I jump back into the bed, and pretend to be a sleep. I can hear the squeaking from the door as it opens.

"I'm here, but I'm not sure if she's awake" An unfamiliar female voice spoke. "Alright I'll have her ready for you before you arrive alpha." My heart pounds in my chest at the mention of him. Suddenly the sheets are pulled away and I jump up.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Silver; the alpha's personal assistant, I'll be looking out for you, now go and ready yourself before the alpha arrives." She says. She walks to the closet and opens it, revealing beautiful floral print dresses.

"I think I'll be more comfortable wearing my own clothes."

"Sorry but not today, the alpha requested that you wear something more feminine for this special occasion." "Pick something to wear, I'll be outside waiting."

Once dressed, I walk out into the hallway, where Silver was standing.

"Please follow me downstairs."